“Wow! What a quaint and pleasant hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beaufort Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Beaufort Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
Greensboro, NC
“Wow! What a quaint and pleasant hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Beaufort Inn and found it to be wonderful! The staff was extremely nice and helped us with everything we needed. Because I was on business, it was very convenient for my wife as well as myself in that while I was working she could easily stroll downtown for some quick shopping and a bite to eat. Also there is wifi in the rooms which really helped me out. The only problem we had there was that we could not stay longer. I had the privilege of meeting the owners who were also very nice. I would recommend the Beaufort Inn to anyone for a vacation or business. Thanks Beaufort Inn!!!

• Liked — Convience of downtown and hotel amenities
  • Disliked — We could not stay longer
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JRogers1
BeaufortInnNC, Owner at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Responding a little late but thank you for these nice comments !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

We stayed here the first week of August for one night because we wanted to be close to the Cedar City Ferry to Cape Hatteras the next day (it is 45 minutes away). The place is clean, well run, in very nice condition and in a great location. After checking in we took a nice walk into town and loved looking at all the old homes from the 1700 and 1800's. There are lots of restaurents to choose from on the waterfront in downtown. The breakfast was generous and in a nice dining room. This place would be great for a romantic getaway too. No problems to mention.

• Liked — Beautiful location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

Let me start by saying that I really did expect so much more from the Beaufort Inn than what I received. We have had friends that have been staying at the Inn for years and we needed some extra room this weekend because our house was full. We rented one room for three nights and one suite for three nights. The staff was pleasant and overall friendly and easy to deal with. The problem with the Beaufort Inn is not the staff it is the owners who act as owners/operators. The problem begins with our group calling down at 10:30am to ask for a noon checkout and it was given and one couple left the room at 11:30am and my wife and I left the room at 11 to go have breakfast and pick up our car and returned around 12:20 to pick up our bags which were located outside the door and one small bag that was left in the room. We went to go check out and they stated they had to charge us for a half day room rate due to the fact that we went over by 20 minutes. Of course we protested this and were told to call back and talk with the owner. Once we did call he said no way would he consider this and almost fired one of his employess for trying to help us out. Not sure how you would feel but there is no reason for any individual to be so rude when you have spent over $1500 at the Inn over 3 days. I only hope that this review will make you consider staying somewhere else becasue when you visit a nice southern town like Beaufort, NC you should not have to deal with an owner that will not put the customer first and has no clue what the definition of "Southern Hospitality" is.

The rooms at the hotel are "Econo Lodge" type rooms with a Marriott price tag. I hope this helps some of you and being from this area there are plenty of others places to choose before you make the decision to choose the Beaufort Inn.

• Liked — Lcoation
  • Disliked — The Owners
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank pmills23
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

The hotel is in a great location as you can walk to Front St. (5 blocks) and it is shaded most of the way.

There is no "restaurant" at the hotel and certainly no bar with any big screen for you males out there in search of sports.

The "free" breakfast "Katie's Special" is the same thing every day: sausage, egg and cheese casserole in a pie shell, cereal, blueberry muffins, cold cinnamon apples.

The view at sunset is gorgeous. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly.

We did not have our children with us, and it is probably not a place we would ever bring them due to the fact that there is no pool and mostly adults over the 4th of July when we were there.

We used the jacuzzi, and was advised that I should not have my plastic wine cup out there by another guests, but none of the staff said anything about it.

Overall perfect for adults and we had a great time!

• Liked — Location--walking distance to water front.
  • Disliked — Boring breakfast and no bar in hotel.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful in recommending great local restaurants who have great seafood, The hotel has a great location, close to downtown Beaufort. The view of the harbor is beautiful. However, the hotel desperately needs to provide a better quality mattress - a pillow top mattress. My husband and I felt like we were sleeping on top of our dining room table - the mattress was so hard. The foam pillows were also too hard. They also should provide bed linens that have a higher thread count as well as blankets and a bedspread that are not that slick, synthetic polyester. I would like to stay there again, but would have to really consider my back before booking this hotel again.

Stayed June 2008
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

We agree that the location is excellent. Also, the hotel offers several nice amenities such as tea and cookies in the afternoon.
However, they have too many rules and are not flexible. For example, guests must leave newspapers in the dining area until 10, and receipts for leaving are not issued until keys are in even though the hostess was told that the second key was on its way.
The room was clean, and the workers were pleasant and friendly.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — too many rules!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

Because it is located in my hometown, I know I am at least a little biased but the Beaufort Inn is a wonderful place to stay.

My wife and I live in the Raleigh/Durham Area but from time to time, we like to take get away vacations back home to Beaufort. A stay at the Beaufort Inn always makes us feel refreshed and ready to face the hustle & bustle again.

The Inn is located at the end of a quiet street in the heart of town. Beaufort's beautiful waterfront as well as dining and shopping options are a short walk. The Historic District is also just steps away.

If you choose a waterside room, you can relax on your balcony and watch fishing boats coming into port with their catches. Time it just right and you can also spot the dolphin that swim in the channel.

If you want to dine at one of the famous Morehead City seafood restaurants, they are a short drive away.

The Inn serves a nice breakfast each morning in their charming dining room. In the cool months, you can enjoy having breakfast by the fireside.

For a relaxing vacation, I highly recommend Beaufort and for a great place to stay, you cannot beat the Beaufort Inn.

A friendly warning though- stay one time and you will be hooked for life!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Beaufort Inn? Share your experiences!