“My first choice!”
Review of Beaufort Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Beaufort Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
Sanford, North Carolina
“My first choice!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great people! Great location! Great value! I have stayed there many times and plan to stay many more! An upgrade in bedding was a pleasant surprise. Each room has a balcony with wonderful rocking chairs. Exceptional hospitality is a special feature... but then, you ARE in the South, you know!!
Gwen G.

Room Tip: Waterfront view is my preference!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Gwen G
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We are thrilled you enjoyed another stay with us & glad that you enjoyed our upgraded bedding. See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I liked the facilities and the location and thought it was priced fairly. The complimentary breakfast was a taste treat. The motel is located just a few blocks from the downtown dining establishments, making it an easy walk. The rooms were a little dated, but we had flat panel TV's and everything was spotless. In retrospect, the "dating" of the rooms could simply have been a nod to Colonial style. There was plenty of parking right by our doors. I was just puzzled by the cheerless front desk and breakfast room help (same person, as I recall) on checkout morning.

Room Tip: The upcharge for water view is worth it if you are on a pleasure trip. We opted for a non-view for b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Randy V
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize for the desk clerk working that day who may have been cheerless. We hope to see you again soon!!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I visit Beaufort often to fish with my kids. We always stay at the Beaufort Inn when they have rooms available. The staff is incredibly friendly and everything is always nice and clean. They have a very nice, floating dock so I can tie up my boat overnight. There's even pretty good fishing off the dock! The only reason I didn't give it perfect marks for location is that it is on the West end of the Island and I would prefer to be right on the waterfront. But the shops and restaurants of downtown Beaufort are still within easy walking distance. The rooms are a bid dated but overall perfect for my needs. The breakfast in the morning is very basic but more than adequate. To Greg W: I think what you experience was that the only room available was the king suite, which is very nice and is a major upgrade from the standard rooms. I have stayed in the king suite with my wife and paid what you were quoted. I have called many times and the only room available was the suite. I am 100% certain that this is what you experienced. Not some attempt to overcharge you because you were a walk up. That just doesn't make sense.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are glad that you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. Its always a pleasure to see you & the boys for those father/son bonding fishing trips. See you soon!
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and i soent a day touring the town. Very pleasant. Dedided to spend the night and walked into this hotel to see if they had a room available. We were quoted a price of $479 for a king suite. We went elsewhere inthe town and got a wonderful Bed and Breakfast for $130. Then i checked this inn's website and found available rooms for this night at $211. What an incredible mark up for walk in guests!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg W
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
We do appreciate your feedback, however there was a misunderstanding. We also emailed with the customer multiple times about this situation & to explain. When we quote we tend to say we have a room for $79 or for $99, and sometimes we can speak quick or too low that it can be perceived as $479, when it is not. This is the first time we have had this misunderstanding happen. Currently our most expensive room is a suite which is $189. Our rates by phone or walk- in are exactly as they are on the web page/ online reservations.

We suggest that any time one has a question about what we have said or our rates that they ask. We will even write it down if needed, as we do when there is a language barrier. We are glad that you did chose to stay in Beaufort at a B&B. We do invite you to try us again, and if there are any questions on pricing to ask.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I spent a long Thanksgiving weekend in Beaufort, NC this year. We stayed at the delightful Beaufort Inn, which is right on the waterfront (2 feet from the water). The Beaufort inn is not a brand new, chain motel...it is a rustic waterfront inn of the type you would expect to see in an historical fishing village. The room (a Jr. Suite) was quite large and was clean and nicely appointed. The staff, from front desk to housekeeping to breakfast service, were all professional and very friendly. Service was top-notch!! Breakfast is a fixed menu, so not extensive, but several types of offerings, from eggs to continental to cereal. All the food was excellent quality! Keep in mind that this was off-season for the NC coast, but the service was not off-season. I will definitely stay here the next time we come to Beaufort!

Room Tip: 3-story building. There is "walking noise" from rooms above. next time, I would ask for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We are happy that you enoyed your stay with us and your junior suite. We also have 1-bedroom suites if you want to try that next time. See you next time.
Hillsboro, Ohio
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was a nice friendly place with clean facilities. We checked in over the Thanksgiving weekend and had a hospitable stay in a hotel room that also had a small refrigerator and a microwave. They had a breakfast service every morning is a small furnished room with a fireplace. It was a menu of few choices but they served you quick and friendly. It was a great option at a reasonable price. You don't go to Beaufort to stay in the hotel! We enjoyed the area and its shops and people and water activities. All in all is was very good and fit the bill for us!

Room Tip: A room facing the water would have been worth the few dollars more!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pleased that you enjoyed Beaufort. Next time please do try one of our waterfront rooms. See you next year!
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The Beaufort Inn is of first choice when we are in Beaufort. The owners care about their customers and it shows when you arrive. We recently arrived early on Thanksgiving, but Katie the owner had the room ready for us quickly even though they had a full house. Cleanliness is something I want when when we stay in a hotel and I always know our room will be spotless at the Beaufort Inn. Breakfast in the morning is in the dining area with a cozy fireplace. Get Katie's breakfast pie--it is delicious! The service here is outstanding. I managed to leave my eye drops which I discovered when we got home. I called and was told they would mail it to me. It arrived the next day!!

• Stayed November 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay & the breakfast pie. Look forward to seeing you in 2014.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Beaufort Inn? Share your experiences!