“Charming Inn on the Water”
Review of Beaufort Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Beaufort Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
Kenwood, California
“Charming Inn on the Water”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We loved the Inn, it felt like home. The room was spacious and had a great view of the Channel and all the boats. We were treated like family. The breakfast (included) was served in the lobby dining area which felt like a lovely living room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kris132
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Beaufort Inn, and hope to see you again in the near future! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed one night and ended up leaving in the middle of the night because the smell of mold was so bad. We both woke up with stuffy noses. There was what looked to be mold on the ceiling of our room. The room was nice and clean with the exception of the smell. When we entered the room, it smelled like someone tried to cover up the mold smell with air freshener. We opened the window but there wasn't enough of a breeze to eliminate the smell. This may have been just the room we stayed in but enough to say we won't be coming back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie K
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Beaufort Inn. If we would known about you not liking your room and what you smelled we would have moved you. Thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ended up here after experiencing boat trouble on a trip to the area. The room was not eloquent but nice, cozy, and clean. The dining area is homey and charming. The employees were polite and seemed service oriented. Although the breakfast pie was excellent, I agree with others that some variety would be a nice add. The location is good with nice water views and easy walking distance of shops, restaurants, and docks. While visiting Beaufort, I'd rather be on a boat, but If not, i would would pick this inn again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Beaufort Inn after experiencing boat troubles. We hope your boat is fixed but hope you do stop by Beaufort Inn for another stay in the future. Thank you for your feedback.
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent two nights here last week and enjoyed our stay at the Inn. We had one of the rooms that faces the river which is a definite plus. This is a great place to sit outside on the balcony in the evening and watch the sunset. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed breakfast which is sit down style and much better than the average hotel, but the menu was unchanged both days. A little diversity would be nice. The rooms are great and the Inn is well maintained. If we were returning to Beaufort I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars for a room that faces the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Beaufort Inn and do appreciate you feedback. We do hope you stay with us again soon in the future!
Chocowinity, North Carolina
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Checked in on Friday and before checking in we spotted the chairs on the lawn next to the canal and sat to see the sunset (beautiful spot) before going to check in. The young lady at check in was polite and friendly. We stayed on the ground floor parking lot side. Room was fine and we slept well. Before we turned in that night we played cards in the dining/living room and enjoyed the evening. A gentleman stepped in to the office adjacent to this area and asked if he could receive a discount for AARP. The pleasant girl told him to present his card at checkout and they would honor it. (I recorded this in memory), since I too had an AARP card)
Next morning we entered the office expecting to fix our own continental breakfast, balancing coffee and muffins as we found ourselves a table for breakfast. But were surprised to be greeted by several smiling faces "good morning" and escorted to a table. The service was excellent! as we received coffee, breakfast, refills and coffee to go. We left very pleased and proceeded over to the grassy area to sip our coffee to go and watch the boaters on the canal. AHHH such a wonderful stay! We packed up in the room and packed the car. I proceeded to the office with the key and my AARP card. This is where I felt like I entered into a different place altogether. I told the girl what I had heard the night before and presented my card and my original receipt. She took it and said NOTHING as she processed the refund. She said "you needed to do this at check-in." I repeated that I didn't know about the discount until I overheard the gentleman's conversation. I thanked her politely and said " I had never been here before and have had a delightful stay." I turned to leave and another employee opened the door and before I could say thank you she snidely said "your welcome." I felt like I had been slapped in the face by these poorly mannered young women. I don't know who poured apple juice in her corn flakes but it wasn't me!! By the way, we did leave a tip for our breakfast. Would I go back? I really don't know because I do feel as though I did not provoke the rude behavior.

Room Tip: Reserve early as possible to get a canal side room. But even if your room is not canal side - the g...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your card game in the dining room. We only accept AAA which must be presented before you are charged out during check-out. We are sorry that you experienced an unpleasent behavior of the staff due to regarding the processing of your AAA discount. We do generally like to see it at check-in, but we do understand some forget or not know about it until check-out. We hope that you try us again the future and we thank you for your feedback.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am not normally one to give reviews because I know everybody has a different experience but I noticed a lot of things about this place in North Carolina. I would have definitely given this place four stars but unfortunately during my stay here at the Beaufort Inn I observed many things that leave a poor taste in my mouth.

1. At my check in the young woman who checked me in seemed very friendly until an older gentleman came up started trying to do it but oddly enough he just stood in her way. She started to look upset but once he left again she was back to her friendly demeanor. This seemed odd but I ignored it.
2. During breakfast again the staff was very friendly until a very loud small woman came in and started yelling at them for things. I don't remember what the orders were but she just kept up with it I don't like screaming during my meals so this instantly put me off.
3. Later, the loud woman would stop in the middle of the walk way and start talking to guests. In my 15-minute stay for breakfast I heard her, what could only be described as, cackle four times then go into graphic detail about her cancer. While I am glad she is through the ordeal I do not feel breakfast is the time to announce your hair loss, internal organs, reproductive system, and pelvis in front of people who may be trying to enjoy their meal.
4. And finally, I was waiting for friends in the sitting area the staff was cleaning up and the same gentlemen from check in came in and started to yell at the women. I don't think he noticed me (which might have been a good thing) but it seemed like very frivolous things to be yelling at about. The women quietly took the abuse until he left only to have him come back in and yell about trashcans and how guests were stealing magazines.

After the last bout of condemnation of their work it suddenly made sense to me why the employees kept dropping their smiles when those two were around. I think treatment of your employees makes a difference in your inn's rating because it makes me reevaluate everything I have experienced. I now realize the room smelled slightly musty and the breakfast was nothing too special

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
17 Thank RicRaff
BeaufortInnNC, Owner at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We appreciate your time in providing us with your feedback regarding our hotel. We are disappointed that your stay was not all that it could be. Most people who stay with us are very complimentary and defiantly give Beaufort Inn four stars.

The older gentleman does not work behind the front desk, although at times will often ask room numbers to make sure rooms are ready for guests checking in. Not one of our staff can recall the instance as you refer to as a very loud small woman coming in during your breakfast yelling and screaming. This woman that was referred to was probably Mrs. Ethridge, who was diagnosed with cancer within the last year and has gone through a long process. While trying to stay positive she will often share her experience with friends, who are often guest who have stayed frequently in the 25 years they have been open for business. These frequent guests become good friends and share their concern for the Ethridges’, as if part of an extended family. We apologize that you overheard this conversation during your breakfast.

Mr. Ethridge, the older gentleman, may not have realized you were there when he was speaking with employees about the cleaning of the public guest bathroom. However, they are particular about how things are to be done and something previously spoken with them about. As for the slightly musty smell, we wish you would have spoken to us about this so that we could have done something about it earlier.

Once again please accept our apologies for any of the unpleasant things you experienced during your stay.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the Beaufort Inn in Beaufort while traveling in our 22 foot boat. It is wonderful that you can dock there for no extra charge when staying the night. The staff was friendly with coffee in the lobby when we arrived. We had a waterfront room overlooking the scenic fishing boats and sailboats docked nearby. The hot breakfast served in the dinning room was lovely. The room was clean and bed comfortable. You are also just a couple of minutes walk away from some great Beaufort restaurants and historic district.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank B D
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Beaufort Inn. However, we do charge for boat slip usage. We do look forward to seeing you again here in Beaufort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Beaufort Inn? Share your experiences!