“LOVELY PLACE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaufort Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Beaufort Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
New York City, New York
“LOVELY PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I want to say this is a very nice hotel. What made my experience so great was the waitress over our stay Katrina (I believe was her name). She held our 9 month old son while my husband and I enjoyed our breakfast. Not only does our son not go to strangers, she was very good with him, showing him all the boats and looking out the windows. We loved that she took the time to do that for us out of wanting to not having to. Not any of the hotels we have stayed at cared to help. I am very grateful and will come again next year when we work the Seafood Festival. Thank you so much.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you come back to see us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We were planning a vacation to the Beaufort, NC area and in researching hotels I found the Beaufort Inn. We usually stay in chain hotels for the points, but this hotel looked interesting and I was intrigued by the reviews – most of them were positive, but there were some negative reviews too. There aren’t any chain hotels in Beaufort, by the way, but there are some in Morehead City which is only 5 miles away.

They offered the three things which we are always looking for: breakfast & internet included in the price and a room with a couch (queen room). When we are in the room we like to be somewhat comfortable, which I can’t be if I have to sit on a bed or in an uncomfortable chair.

We stayed for 3 nights, Tuesday – Thursday, in a room with a river view on the third floor. We had no problems with the room. The A/C worked very well (it was warm), the internet was reliable and fast. I don’t think the hotels was full, but we did have somebody next to us and we never heard them – good soundproofing.

The staff was friendly, both at the reception desk and for breakfast, most worked both jobs. On week-ends they have a social hour (3 – 6pm), which we missed, of course.

Breakfast is basically a continental breakfast, but it is served to you. They offered Katie’s Famous Breakfast Pie (a quiche, I guess), croissants, muffins, danishes, stewed apples, cereals (Special K, Raisin Bran or Frosted Flakes), juices, coffee or tea. Missing was fresh fruit (although I was offered a banana with my cereal), yogurt, bagels, toast – which you usually find in most continental breakfast these days.

Others have mentioned the”rules” they have. They range from $30 for a lost key (there are no electronic locks) to $200 for smoking or having a pet in the room. I don’t know if your pet smokes whether that would be $200 or $400 :-). Other things you could pay for is damage to the room, taking something from the room (towels, pillows, etc.), removing a magazine or a book (they have both in the room). Basically I think this would apply in any hotel, it’s just that they list them all in the hotel directory – I found it a little odd – but we didn’t have any penalties I am happy to say!

The bottom line is we enjoyed our stay in the Beaufort Inn and have no negatives to report.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. And did like the touches of humor in your review. We hope that you come back and on a weekend so that you can enjoy some fresh baked cookies and sweet tea! :-) Hope we see you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I always make this a must stop on our way down south. The people could not be nicer or friendlier. They have always gone the extra mile for us, even when we have arrived late at night. Beaufort is truly one of the gems of the Carolina Coast.

Room Tip: I am not aware of any bad rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Thanks for you review...We enjoy having you here and look forward to your next visit! :)
DURHAM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

My mother and I decided to drive to the coast on the spur of the moment ~ on Labor Day weekend Saturday morning. We had called several places in the area, and they were either full or incredibly pricey. We found the Beaufort Inn on our TomTom and were so happy we did. The Inn is on the Intracoastal Waterway and its grounds are quite pleasant. There are docks available for those lucky enough to sail in!

The room was VERY clean and quaint. It was so nice to have our own porch, which looked out over the water. The television had a lot of channels available, which isn't always the case in hotels. The beds were comfortable and clean, and I liked that fluffy pillows were available in the dresser if you prefer your pillows fluffy (and I do!). The Inn also provides a nice afternoon snack and a yummy breakfast!

The Beaufort Inn is within easy walking distance of anywhere you would want to go in Beaufort. It's lovely to walk along the streets and admire all of the old homes.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank barb_taylor_davis
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Beaufort Inn and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Tarrytown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

After driving through Morehead City, which is fairly industrial, my wife and two kids (7 and 9) were a little apprehensive as we drove into Beaufort for the first time, for a three day stay on our trip north from Southern North Carolina. The Beaufort Inn is not fancy, but the rooms are clean and the service was wonderful. We showed up on a crowded day because of a fishing tournament in town, but were able to switch to a second floor room with a view of the water for our second and third nights. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but the service was good and we all left satisfied each morning. It turns out there's lots to do in Beaufort - kayaking to Carrot Island, ferries out to the beautiful Shackleford Banks, great restaurants and interesting shops. The Beaufort Inn was the perfect home base for our family to do all of these activities and I'd recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MrIves99
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Beaufort Inn and in Beaufort, NC. We do hope you come back!
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at the Beaufort Inn for the first time in July. The location was great and we loved Beaufort, but this hotel was anything but pleasant. When we arrived there was a young girl and an older lady working behind the desk along with who I assume to be the owner. The older lady (employee I assume) was showing us a map of the area and the other older woman (owner or manager I assume) jumped right in and told the us the woman didnt know what she was doing and took it upon herself to show us the map. We could honestly care less about a perfect representation of the map, we just needed to know the general area. I could tell the woman was embarassed by what her boss had done. Then we came down for breakfast the next day, and the same older woman (boss) was fussing at her staff and ordering them around like dogs or something, I felt so sorry for them. It made my wife and I feel very uncomfortable to hear her nagging the whole time we were trying to enjoy our breakfast. I do have to admit, though, that the quiche was great. We stayed from Friday to Sunday and even though our room was spotless when we arrived, we noticed stains on the under side of the comforter on the bed. They smelled of mildow, like the comforter had not been washed in weeks. We complained to the girl working at night about it, but she was too busy chewing on her pencil to really care or do anything about it. We were overall very disappointed and will not be returning to the Beaufort Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank George B
BeaufortInnNC, Night Clerk at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the Beaufort Inn. As I cannot speak for the unpleasentres you describe about the Owner, I am able to speak for myself. I am the night clerk and can say that I would not chew on pencils (its disgusting, especially when we all share the same writing instruments) and if you had come down to the front desk or called down to say that your comforter smelled of mildew and was stained it would have been properly taken care of immediately. I would have givin you a new one and put the one you had in the laundry or changed it out personally on your bed, I would have also informed the owners and told the housekeepers to wash yours daily to ensure you had a pleasant stay. I was never informed of such matters and havn't had anyone complain as to this issue since I've been working here.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

My girlfriends and I really enjoyed the town of Beaufort, NC and the Beaufort Inn was perfect for us. Right away the gentleman at the front desk greeted with a warm southern welcome. The room was good size, quiet, a little outdated, but decor wasn't something that mattered. Their was a lack of outlets for three girls to get ready in though. The sink area is outside of the shower, but it was hard to get ready in front of the mirror because the bathroom stayed steamy after showering. We did not pay for a water view, but our room still had a view of the water and a deck with rocking chairs. Breakfast is included; very minimal, cereal, croissants, muffins and a specialty quiche (which was delicious), but the wait staff was sweet and pleasant. Overall, I would definitely come back to Beaufort Inn and next time rent the bicycles they have available for guests!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank HeidiPK
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
We are glad that you had an excellent experience and enjoyed your time here in Beaufort. We do look forward to seeing you in the furture.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 9 in Beaufort

Been to Beaufort Inn? Share your experiences!