“What A Find!”
Review of Beaufort Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Beaufort Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My mother and I decided to drive to the coast on the spur of the moment ~ on Labor Day weekend Saturday morning. We had called several places in the area, and they were either full or incredibly pricey. We found the Beaufort Inn on our TomTom and were so happy we did. The Inn is on the Intracoastal Waterway and its grounds are quite pleasant. There are docks available for those lucky enough to sail in!

The room was VERY clean and quaint. It was so nice to have our own porch, which looked out over the water. The television had a lot of channels available, which isn't always the case in hotels. The beds were comfortable and clean, and I liked that fluffy pillows were available in the dresser if you prefer your pillows fluffy (and I do!). The Inn also provides a nice afternoon snack and a yummy breakfast!

The Beaufort Inn is within easy walking distance of anywhere you would want to go in Beaufort. It's lovely to walk along the streets and admire all of the old homes.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank barb_taylor_davis
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Beaufort Inn and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

After driving through Morehead City, which is fairly industrial, my wife and two kids (7 and 9) were a little apprehensive as we drove into Beaufort for the first time, for a three day stay on our trip north from Southern North Carolina. The Beaufort Inn is not fancy, but the rooms are clean and the service was wonderful. We showed up on a crowded day because of a fishing tournament in town, but were able to switch to a second floor room with a view of the water for our second and third nights. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but the service was good and we all left satisfied each morning. It turns out there's lots to do in Beaufort - kayaking to Carrot Island, ferries out to the beautiful Shackleford Banks, great restaurants and interesting shops. The Beaufort Inn was the perfect home base for our family to do all of these activities and I'd recommend it highly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MrIves99
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Beaufort Inn and in Beaufort, NC. We do hope you come back!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at the Beaufort Inn for the first time in July. The location was great and we loved Beaufort, but this hotel was anything but pleasant. When we arrived there was a young girl and an older lady working behind the desk along with who I assume to be the owner. The older lady (employee I assume) was showing us a map of the area and the other older woman (owner or manager I assume) jumped right in and told the us the woman didnt know what she was doing and took it upon herself to show us the map. We could honestly care less about a perfect representation of the map, we just needed to know the general area. I could tell the woman was embarassed by what her boss had done. Then we came down for breakfast the next day, and the same older woman (boss) was fussing at her staff and ordering them around like dogs or something, I felt so sorry for them. It made my wife and I feel very uncomfortable to hear her nagging the whole time we were trying to enjoy our breakfast. I do have to admit, though, that the quiche was great. We stayed from Friday to Sunday and even though our room was spotless when we arrived, we noticed stains on the under side of the comforter on the bed. They smelled of mildow, like the comforter had not been washed in weeks. We complained to the girl working at night about it, but she was too busy chewing on her pencil to really care or do anything about it. We were overall very disappointed and will not be returning to the Beaufort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank George B
BeaufortInnNC, Night Clerk at Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the Beaufort Inn. As I cannot speak for the unpleasentres you describe about the Owner, I am able to speak for myself. I am the night clerk and can say that I would not chew on pencils (its disgusting, especially when we all share the same writing instruments) and if you had come down to the front desk or called down to say that your comforter smelled of mildew and was stained it would have been properly taken care of immediately. I would have givin you a new one and put the one you had in the laundry or changed it out personally on your bed, I would have also informed the owners and told the housekeepers to wash yours daily to ensure you had a pleasant stay. I was never informed of such matters and havn't had anyone complain as to this issue since I've been working here.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My girlfriends and I really enjoyed the town of Beaufort, NC and the Beaufort Inn was perfect for us. Right away the gentleman at the front desk greeted with a warm southern welcome. The room was good size, quiet, a little outdated, but decor wasn't something that mattered. Their was a lack of outlets for three girls to get ready in though. The sink area is outside of the shower, but it was hard to get ready in front of the mirror because the bathroom stayed steamy after showering. We did not pay for a water view, but our room still had a view of the water and a deck with rocking chairs. Breakfast is included; very minimal, cereal, croissants, muffins and a specialty quiche (which was delicious), but the wait staff was sweet and pleasant. Overall, I would definitely come back to Beaufort Inn and next time rent the bicycles they have available for guests!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank HeidiPK
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

We are glad that you had an excellent experience and enjoyed your time here in Beaufort. We do look forward to seeing you in the furture.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

my wife and i stayed for 4 nights at the end of july . it isnt a 5 star hotel but for the price it was very nice. It was clean and well kept the location was great we walked up to the marina and shops which are close by, The staff were very friendly polite and helpful

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

We thank you for staying with us and hope you come back again.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We were made to feel so welcomed when we arrived. We had never been to Beaufort and felt very fortunate that we selected the Beaufort Inn blindly. The area map and suggestions they offere at the front desk were a big help. This was a last minute reservation so I booked the last room left for the Fourth of July weekend, which was the handicap accessible room. It turned out to be lovely and had everything we needed. We travel often and this is the first time we have not had to request additional towels. The close proximity of dining and shopping meant that we walked everywhere. We felt very safe and the town residents were all so friendly. My least favorite part of our stay was having to leave so we booked our next trip as we were checking out to ensure that we would not get too busy and forget what a great experience this relaxing trip was.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nfleshood
BeaufortInnNC, Manager at Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2011

We are glad that you enjoyed your trip and had a relaxing weekend, and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

nice friendly reception and offerered a couple of different rooms.We had the river view room with a balcony--absolutely super.Rooms were very clean and comfortable and the team at reception gave us a map showing all the local seafood restaurants.
Breakfast was excellent and was served by a team of ladies who ensured all our needs were met.
Overall a great place to stay

Room Tip: definately ask for a river view room