“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great Restaurant, Awesome food and wine list. Nice Bar out back for afternoon cocktails and apps. Friendly staff. Grouper was fantastic

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped in for some drinks and appetizers and couldnt have been any happier with our choice. We sat out back on the lower deck which had the most beautiful view of the water and pony island across the bay. The seating is comfy and umbrellas are there to cover you a bit from the sun. They had a limited menu down on the deck, which was fine for us as we were just looking for some drinks and appetizers. It's known as a rum bar so we tried "The Painkiller". Which is made of Pussers rum, pineapple juice, coco lopez coconut cream, oj and nutmeg sprinkled on top. Loved it so much, I googled the recipe for make for home! We had the calamari for an app. They were good, had some kind of seasoning which gave them a bit more taste and a dipping sauce that was pretty good, but they got a bit greasy toward the bottom of the basket. I'd recommend this place for the view alone!!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited Memorial Day weekend, and while I recognize that it was a busy weekend and we had a medium sized group of 6, the service was pretty terrible. The poor hostess looked like she was on her own and ended up bussing tables instead of working with the guests. Tables remained dirty and empty for upward for 15 minutes while impatient guest waited.

Luckily, the food was excellent, which made our visit bearable. The server, however, brought out a side dish that was not ordered, because they apparently ran out of the original dish. Instead of asking which replacement dish we would like, he simply picked one and did not offer to bring a menu or for a new dish to be chosen until I suggested he do so.

I would try it one more time just to make sure I didn't just hit them on an off night, but I'll also be sure to call early and make a reservation. (We tried to make a reservation this time, but they said they weren't taking any more at that time.)

I do have to say the view is beautiful and I can see how it would be a nice romantic getaway if the service improved.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Everyone was friendly and strived to provide excellent service, which they did. The food tuna was excellent and the wine paired quite nicely with the tuna and tasted more expensive than it was. The amaretto cheesecake, made in-house, was one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had. The bartender quite was pleased to make me a drink he had never heard of and did a good job of it. All of this good food and beverage was served while we watched the sun descend over the harbor while the light wind created a sparkling jewels of small waves. Make me wish I did not live 145 miles away. Most importantly, we eat at the Front Street Grill most times we visit the area and this experience was typical.

1  Thank johnmidnight
Reviewed May 30, 2013

ONE soft-shell crab for what they charged? This is a nice restaurant, more so if you are looking for a well-stocked bar and some decent wines. My wife and I didn't find a restaurant that compares with our usual get-away spot in Southport, NC.