“Very Disappointed”

Front Street Grill at Stillwater
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Forest, Virginia
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Had to ask the maite'd once and waitress twice to light the lantern on the table, No bread served with our meal but was served at all other tables. Serice was very slow. Spring roll appetizer special was so bad my wife send it back (first time she has ever done that), everything is fried and over done. Grits were like wallpaper paste. One of the worst meals we have every had.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank coastal24551

New York City
“hidden sunset view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

While the food is good, the restaurant pretty, and the service attentive, the most outstanding feature of this restaurant is its outdoor bar seating on the port of Beaufort with an unobstructed view for the sunset. Tell the greeter at the restaurant front door that you wish to go to the back bar, at the deck bar, order and take your drink down to the water's edge. This year we could even come by boat and tie up at the restaurant. I love it. The food inside is good, prices high (my 'beaufort complaint') but the experience is nice and the view from the inside (read: AC) dining room is pretty also.

Morehead City, North Carolina
“For fine dining, the service was extremely lacking.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I are locals to this area, and a few times a month we visit nice restaurants on our date night. We recently choose Still Water, although we will not be returning. To start of with, the waitress (who did not give her name), asked if we would like wine. We had picked out a bottle but she assumed that we wanted two glasses. After we received the bottle and first pour, she did not return to fill our glasses. Then, while taking our order, she assumed that after I ordered my salad that I was finished with my order, turning to take my boyfriend's order. I was not finished, which he pointed out to her, and she returned to me to finish my order with a blank stare. To sum up the rest of our experience: the salads were brought out while we were still enjoying the appetizer, she never brought us dinner BREAD, and both of our meals, though one fish and one pork, seemed to have the same sauce. I would like to note that the place wasn't busy, our tab was $122 (which might not be worth her time), and we will not be returning or recommending it to any new visitors to the area.

4 Thank JPF04
Richmond
“If you can't afford dinner, try lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Lunch at Front Street Grill at Stillwater in Beaufort, NC could not have been a better experience!
My friend and I started with Oysters Rockefeller and Parmesan Truffle French fries. The oysters were delicious but who knew that the fries would be the hit of the table. The fries instantly spirited me to NYC Bloomingdales and the fries in the cafe that I have dreamed of replicating for years! Oh my its that white truffle oil! Next we both had the Crabcake sandwich which was as close to perfection as I could have imagined! The server was attentive and helpful while we enjoyed views of the Sound both inside and on the outside deck. With this level of service I am certain that dinner can get pricey so try lunch!

Southern VA
“Twice in one week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We fond the food and setting of Front Street Grill to be so inviting that we dined there twice during a recent week-long stay in the Atlantic Beach area.
FSG is located conveniently waterfront on the main stretch of shops in historic Beaufort.
Our dining experiences brought us there for both Sunday brunch and weekday lunch. Both visits left us completely satisfied on all fronts.
FST has a charming dining room and a comfortable back deck - both offering terrific views of the water.
Brunch really hit the spot with omelets, sandwiches, salads, and other traditional fare - the cheese grits were especially tasty.
Lunch offered much of the same with the shrimp po' boy really impressing.
Children's options are available and the over-all experience is always rewarding.