“Another Great Lunch on the Boardwalk!!!”
Review of Boardwalk Cafe / Soda Fountain - CLOSED

Boardwalk Cafe / Soda Fountain
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I have been here several times before and were surprised at the bad review concerning the service posted since we had been here.

Our service was great as usual. The server took our drink order within 1 minute of sitting down and we were pleasantly surprised at how fast our orders were brought to us. I had the grilled Chicken sandwich and my wife had the grilleed Mahi sandwich. Both were very good .

Even though I have reviewed this place before,I felt I should write another review since the service still seems excellent as usual. I am always very skeptical of people who have only written one review and then disappear. I believe it was written to be purposefully misleading. I will not try to guess why someone would do this, but our experience has always been great at the Cafe.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We encountered this restaurant while in Beaufort for work (Seafood Festival). We had a very limited amount of time before we had to be at our event and were forced to order breakfast in a hurry (due to our schedule). The server and kitchen blew us away with how attentative and quick the service was. Our food was tasty, inexpensive and the chef was very accommodating, being that Im a vegetarian and don't eat eggs, he put together a vegetable anti egg omelette especially for me.
The view is beautiful, romantic and very relaxing situated on the water. We really enjoyed the whole experience and attempted to go back before our departure, but they were closed on Mondays. If we ever return to this town, we will definitely return for more great breakfast!

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I do not typically take the time to write reviews but I was utterly appalled by the service at the boardwalk cafe. We had to flag down a waitress to place our drink orders after sitting 15 minutes without being greeted. We got menus ourselves from a nearby table. After waiting another 15 minutes with no drinks showing up (and no sighting of that waitress) we asked another server if we could order from her. She rolled her eyes and begrudgingly took our order. When we asked a question about an item on the menu, she rolled her eyes again and became very snippy and rude to the point we got up and left... And all the while our drinks still had not arrived! I have never witnessed such terrible rude service and would never spend my money or time at a place like this.

2  Thank Laurafarrell
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband and I had lunch there today and stumbled upon the location just by walking around downtown Beaufort.

The location is amazing! We would have sat outside if there were seats. It is "seat yourself" and luckily we got a bistro table with a slight water view.

Food came out in an average time and was pretty good. I would recommend the chicken Philly. My husband ordered the chicken cheddar bacon melt and was disappointed. The bacon was recooked from breakfast and lacked flavor. The free side of chips was nothing special but nothing to rave about.

The service was a real disappointment. The staff seemed disorganized especially for the "off" season. Because people could seat themselves it added to the confusion. We never got a drink refill. Our check took 20 minutes after finishing our meal to get and then another 5-7 to get our change. Not fun.

Overall, the value and location along with the food helped salvage our experience with poor service. Prices are fair and if we hit refills and quicker attention we would definitely go back.

1  Thank Kristen H
Reviewed December 2, 2011

So I traveled with my dog and needed a bite to eat in Beaufort. Didn't know where to go but happened upon Boardwalk by chance. Ran in and explained that I had my dog in the car across the street (within view, and windows cracked folks!). The waitress was very understanding and accommodating as she actually took my order to me across the street while I waited with my dog. I had a smothered omelet,home fries and a biscuit- all for $10. And it was enough to feed two. I went back the very next day, this time entering the back from the waterfront, dockside entrance. Ordered at the door with my dog and to our surprise, the restaurant had free milkbone and water buckets set up on the dock for my dog to enjoy. I WILL BE BACK- even if it is just with other humans, next time.