“Ate here 2 days in a row. Breakfast is fantastic!”
Review of Boardwalk Cafe / Soda Fountain - CLOSED

Boardwalk Cafe / Soda Fountain
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Durham, North Carolina
“Ate here 2 days in a row. Breakfast is fantastic!”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

So I traveled with my dog and needed a bite to eat in Beaufort. Didn't know where to go but happened upon Boardwalk by chance. Ran in and explained that I had my dog in the car across the street (within view, and windows cracked folks!). The waitress was very understanding and accommodating as she actually took my order to me across the street while I waited with my dog. I had a smothered omelet,home fries and a biscuit- all for $10. And it was enough to feed two. I went back the very next day, this time entering the back from the waterfront, dockside entrance. Ordered at the door with my dog and to our surprise, the restaurant had free milkbone and water buckets set up on the dock for my dog to enjoy. I WILL BE BACK- even if it is just with other humans, next time.

Visited December 2011

NY
“Great Food and Service with a Fantastic View”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Was staying in Atlantic Beach for a week. AB in the off season doesn't have a lot to offer but we discovered Beaufort. Ate at the Boardwalk three times, twice it was warm enough to be outside. Was great all three times, will definitly return.

• Visited November 2011
Coastal, NC
“Watch out for upcharges”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Went for lunch and the waitress asked what we wanted for sides with our sandwiches and $9.00 cheesesburgers. Among the choices was fruit.
When the bill came we had been upcharged $1.75 for 3 of them and when I questioned her, she said she always lets the customer know on ordering. I let her know she hadn't and I wanted them removed, but we ended up paying .$.75 for each.
Another couple was seated behind us and they ordered the fruit also and their waitress didn't let them know either.
The difference came out of her tip.
All this after waiting almost 40 minutes for 2 burgers and 2 sandwichs.
On the plus side, it was just about the best fruit side we have ever had.
Verdict is pricey, slow, and go over your bill with a fine tooth comb for any extras.

• Visited August 2011
North Carolina
“Kinda pricey for a sandwich”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Had lunch at the Boardwalk Cafe on Friday, August 12th. Philly steak sandwich was pretty good and spouse had club sandwich. Had to pay $1 extra for fries instead of chips which was irritating since club already was nearly $9. Slow to receive beverages but server did admit she had "forgotten" about us. Food arrived some 15 minutes later. Several flies in restaurant bothered us while eating. Booth space was ample and clean.

• Visited August 2011
Cedar Point, North Carolina
“Must do waterfront lunch!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I go to Beaufort every few weeks. Our must do lunch stop is the Boardwalk Cafe. We love the food and the service is always great! We love sitting and watching the boats and occasionally the wild horses on the island.

• Visited July 2011