“Good lunch place with waterfront view”
Review of Finz Grill & Bar

Finz Grill & Bar
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Located across the street from the Maritime Museum on the Historic Beaufort Waterfront. We offer floating dock access - come by land or sea! Reservations are recommended for large parties, generally 12 or more people.
Reviewed June 21, 2009

This is a good place for a basic lunch on the water especially if you are not looking for fancy or upcomplicated food. We have eaten here a couple times for burgers/sandwiches, etc and it has always been good. The service is laid back and pleasant when we have visited.
It is on the water at a working boat dock, so the decor and ambiance is not upscale nor should it be.
Is it expensive for what you get? Sure, but not more than any other restaurant or bar in a tourist location, especially for a location on the waterfront.

There are newer reviews for Finz Grill & Bar

Reviewed May 29, 2009

The chips are red? The fries are greasy? No kidding. I have been to Finz a few times and have no comments such as these. To the guy complaining about the red chips and there not being healthy, why are you ordering loaded nachos and french fries if you are worried about you health. That is a total oxymoron and it sounds like you are too! Picky, picky, picky. It is obvious that you have never been involved in the restaurant business in any way.

Reviewed March 12, 2009

I can see why some may have rated it substandard. We were at Finz in September 2008 and we had a satisfactory experience. I’ll admit that I got sucked in by an ad on local TV. Had I check the reviews here, I would have probably passed on it. That being said, the food was actually very good. There were four of us in our group, and no major complaints. We had a very pleasant meal outside as the sun went down. One caveat: we were the only people in the place, so we got their full attention. I could be possible that the service suffers during a rush. Also, it did seem to have a slightly dirty feel to it, but that may come from being dockside. As far as the food quality, my fish was very good, as were my wife’s scallops. It seemed slightly pricey, but that may be par for the area.

Reviewed November 2, 2008

I should have gotten the clue when we walked up and the entrance way and glass door were filthy. We sat outside; the view was nice but there were flies everywhere and cigarette butts all over the deck. The salt and pepper shakers felt like they had not been wiped or washed in days. The food was barely edible. The soup was bland, the chicken wings were lousy, the shrimp sandwich was a ball of melted cheese filled with what tasted like frozen chewy shrimp. The service was poor. Never Again!

Reviewed July 23, 2008

My son and I visited Finz restaurant today and unfortunately spent $30 on the worst lunch I have had in a long time.
...to start off,
We ordered the black bean nachos and this dish was tasty except that the grated cheese was not completely melted and this was especially noted the further down we got. The other negative about this dish was the BRIGHT RED nacho chips. What is wrong with regular nacho chips? The only way the manufacturer can get these chips bright red is to add a nasty, carginogenic RED DYE.
Secondly, I ordered the fried shrimp plate and when it arrived the shrimp were greasy and laying all over top of the french fries which made the french fries greasier - as a matter of fact, you could see the grease on top of the french fries. Then I took a bite of the cole slaw and the taste was so bad that I had to spit it out into my napkin. I was afraid to eat it because I was afraid it would make me sick.
I requested some new french fries and the waiter was very nice to bring them too us. After we had eaten about 1/2 of them, I pulled out a rather good size strand of hair but I had already complained about two things, I did not want to continue because it would have embarrassed my 17 y.o. son.

As a business owner, I would have been extremely apologetical but the manager never visited our table and no one seemed to care.