“Solid small-town bistro”

Swansboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Solid small-town bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I dined here on Dec. 29 and had a good experience. The bisto is small so I imagine that reservations are necessary during the high season. We were seated quickly, albeit near the door on a cold night. There were only a few tables for two, so asking for one away from the door when you make your reservation might be a good idea.

Our server was busy but attentive and prompt so no complaints there. My wife and I both had specials and were pleased with our meals. Mine was the speckled trout on a ravioli bed and was quite good. My wife had the salmon and, while she was pleased, said that she enjoyed the spec better. Takeaway? Ask for what's local. That would include the oyster appetizer with chile lime sauce...excellent.

Bottom line, this is probably the best place to eat in Beaufort and while it can't compete with larger city venues, the food is good and the atmosphere pleasant.

• Visited December 2012

North Carolina, USA
“Great for a Birthday Celebration !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I treated my wife to a meal at Blue Moon to celebrate her birthday. I chose this venue via Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. The bistro, ambiance, staff and our meals were all first class. We would definitely recommend this establishment to family and friends. Well done, Blue Moon and thanks for a great evening !

• Visited November 2012
Beaufort, NC
“Beaufort's best grub, fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Blue Moon Bistro is our favorite spot for a special dinner -- can't afford to eat there too often but wish we could! What makes it so special? The fish is always very fresh, usually delivered that day and personally chosen by the chef. And it is prepared in a simple way that highlights the fish itself rather than covering it with any overpowering sauce or spices. Usually grouper, triggerfish, mahi or tuna from right offshore, but once we had delicious rockfish (striped bass). I also like the delicious, moist chicken breast usually served with papardelle and mushroom ragout. Lamb chops, fried oysters, and duck breast are reliable appetizers, as is the chevre and walnut salad. The daily soup special is often very good, as are the desserts. Only wish it were not quite as noisy -- but that is a small price to pay for such good food. Did I mention "price"? It is on the high side, but you deserve to treat yourself to the best at least some of the time!

• Visited October 2012
Greensboro, NC
“Pricey but delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The delicate blend of flavors in every entree and appetizer was incredible. The price was worth it and the staff was great. We were there on a slow night/time.

Visited September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Food for the Gods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

They accommodated us without a reservation and they seemed quite busy. Our 3 separate meals were shared as all of them were too sumptuous to pass up.Our wait person had such great knowledge about food and drink, much of which we never consumed before and we used her recommendations.

Visited September 2012