“Bike ride with friends from Fayetteville,NC to Beaufort NC”
Review of The Spouter Inn

The Spouter Inn
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining in Historic Beaufort, North Carolina. Recently renovated, ahhhmazing views, covered waterfront deck! Bar & Lounge with waterfront views & full menu service. A beautiful setting to relax,enjoy a great meal and true southern hospitality! Serving FRESH LOCAL CARTERET CATCH and CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF. Our in house BAKERY provides fabulous desserts, breads, special orders and retail/take out service. Dinner reservations recommended and accepted by telephone only. CALL FOR OFF SEASON HOURS
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Took a bike ride with friends from Fayetteville,NC to Beaufort,NC we stopped in and ate at the Spouter Inn. The food was awesome service was good

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Very good crab soup, and shrimp salad. Pleasant (foreign - but then so are we) staff which made such a change from other places in town we've visited. Option to sit outside with a wonderful view, but on the day it was too hot so we were glad of the AC on offer inside, from where we still got the view. All in all, a good lunch.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have never written a restaurant review, our meal was so awful I had to write. We picked Spouter Inn due to ratings on this site and we were very disappointed!! We started with crab dip and something tasted "off". There was no flavor, even the pita chips had no seasoning. Whatever, we figured out meal would turn out well. I ordered pasta and my husband got the crab cakes. I took one bite and again, NO flavor. At all. My husbands crab cakes also had no seasoning except for the chipotle aioli. I am very non-confrontational so I kept quiet about my food but my husband did complain about his to the waiter. The manager came by and seemed in utter disbelief at his complaint and said that she was sorry that he didn't like their crab cakes. They did the right thing and comped his dinner but overall a huge letdown!!! The view is beautiful though!

1  Thank Jennifer S
Fabeats, Owner at The Spouter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Jennifer thank you for your review, we sincerely want to know! We apologize and regret that you and your husband did not enjoy your meal with us. I appreciate that your husband did let us know he did not care for our crab cakes, I wish we also knew you were disappointed with your pasta, providing us an opportunity to quickly replace both meals, and to compensate fully. I understand not being one to complain (I am the same) BUT we are grateful for feed back, positive or negative!

When following up with my manger, she did recall the complaint on the crabs cakes. She appeared "in utter disbelief" only because we are well known for our great crab cakes and most folks rave about them. We do occasionally "mess up" and get valid complaints but never on crab cakes! Thus, an explanation for her reaction!

I offer no acceptable excuses, just a sincere apology! I hope that you will give us another try! Thank you very much for taking your time to let us know!

Robin Held

Reviewed August 15, 2014

this restaurant is right on the water, so you have a great view and boats going in and out. There is some local art displayed on the walls for purchase so it was fun to walk around and check it out. we had lunch after a funeral on a weekday and the staff was so thoughtful and caring to our family. It was so appreciated. We had reservations and they had our "preorder" ready with waters and apps on the table for us. I had the crabcake portobello mushroom salad. Crabcake had lots of crab. very tasty. I didn't care for the dressing I ordered and the waitress was quick to replace it for me. Peanut butter pie was WOW. There is a bakery on site where you can purchase goodies. I would recommend this place or go back myself.

1  Thank J M
Reviewed August 13, 2014

While on a recent fishing trip with my friends we stopped by the Spouter Inn for dinner. This restaurant has amazing views of water front. We would have preferred to sit outside but a storm was on the horizon. We had an excellent server by the name of Ben. Very knowledgeable of the menu and specials. Everything he suggested was spot on. We started with the seafood corn chowder bisque and then with a crabmeat type flatbread both were very good. They have their own bakery so be sure to get the bread. We had the fresh catch of the day with a mango pineapple salsa that was delicious and a mariners pasta also tasty. But most importantly save room for dessert. The Peanut Silk Pie was insane. They had 5 other homemade dessert I will be back for. Excellent choice and hope next time to eat on the back deck.