“Beautiful Views & Delicious Fish”
Review of The Spouter Inn

The Spouter Inn
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining in Historic Beaufort, North Carolina. Recently renovated, ahhhmazing views, covered waterfront deck! Bar & Lounge with waterfront views & full menu service. A beautiful setting to relax,enjoy a great meal and true southern hospitality! Serving FRESH LOCAL CARTERET CATCH and CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF. Our in house BAKERY provides fabulous desserts, breads, special orders and retail/take out service. Dinner reservations recommended and accepted by telephone only. CALL FOR OFF SEASON HOURS
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Go at sunset and enjoy views of carrott island, while you chow down on some delicious fish. My husband had some delicious grouper and I had a fried goat cheese and shrimp salad. The dessert (was supposed to be something they're known for) was OK...I got the cobbler and it was just gooey...no crust, kind of bizarre. Worth going to though, maybe eat dessert someplace else or don't get the cobbler ;)

There are newer reviews for The Spouter Inn

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Love dining at the spouter. Be sure to get a table outside as this restaurant has some of the best views. I would highly recommend the crab and corn chowder- best I have ever had! All three members of my party had the house salad with grilled Mahi on top and we were all impressed with the flavors. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I went with my family here for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the view. They had some classic sandwiches and salads, and then some out of the ordinary- all at a good price. Their crab and corn chowder soup was maybe my favorite soup ever! The wait staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at the Spouter Inn on a recent Sunday evening. As usual (we have eaten there on a number of occasions) the service was excellent and the food was great. I always recommend their Clam Chowder, it is fantastic. Their mixed grill was very good, the fish, scallops, and shrimp were done just right, none were overdone. My wife's grouper was just as good, she was very happy with it. All in all it was a very pleasant evening on their deck overlooking Taylor's Creek. We will be back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to have a late lunch after visiting Beaufort while we were on vacation. There were very few people in the restaurant at this time so we were alone in the dining area inside. After the hostess took our drink orders we waited and 2 other servers came to our table and took our orders. That was the best part, after that we were forgotten. When our food came way later it was cold. My burger only had cheese on it nothing else so it went back to the kitchen. Finally when it came back I asked for catsup and waited forever and the server never came back with it. I ate a cold burger and family ate cold soup. When we asked for the check the server said she would be right back to take it and she never came back. After a long time we went looking for her to pay and we complained. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I will never go back food was not good.

Robin H, Owner at The Spouter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Lucille,

Thank you very much for your review, we do want to know! I sincerely apologize for the unacceptable dining experience we provided. Sounds like we really blew it!

While there are no acceptable excuses, poor communication during the shift change resulted in very bad service and cold food. Your meal should have been complimentary as we do NOT accept payment when we fail to provide satisfaction.

I will follow up on this in an attempt to find out why and to prevent this from occurring again. Will you PLEASE email me: spouter@thespouterinn.com, tell me your date/ day of the week of visit, and any other details that may assist. Please also include your address as I would like to refund your payment and send you a complimentary gift certificate in hopes that you will try us again. I assure you this is not the norm, we are known for excellent service, hospitality, and food!

Thank you again for your feedback! Please don't give up on The Spouter Inn!

Robin Held