“Home away from home”
Review of Inlet Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Inlet Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
Asheville, North Carolina
“Home away from home”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We found this place during an unexpected stop in Beaufort on our way to the Outer Banks. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was like a comfortable guest room at a friend's house. Rocking chairs on the large balcony across the street from the harbor. The continental breakfasts are delivered to your room but we opted to eat on the top-floor widow's walk. We wished we had the time to spend several days there. Lovely place.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms with water views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fred_garvey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband, two kids and mom-in-law all stayed in one room at the Inlet Inn. It was superb! Our room was more like an apartment (huge). The breakfast was yummy. The widow's walk had breathtaking views. We were right on the water (and there was even a laundry facility across the street). My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer!!

Room Tip: I imagine any room would be great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank highschoolteacherMO
Kuwait
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I always stay here when I'm in the area. Large rooms, nice people, beautiful water views. Breakfast is included--and delivered to your room! Walk to restaurants, shops.

Room Tip: anything facing the water will be great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank kuwait08
Greenville
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over the 4th of July 2012. Two queen beds, very comfortable. Perfect location. Would go back.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank TarHeelMD07
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've had trouble deciding what to comment on about this stay. Any staff that we've seen has been very kind and polite. We normally stay in chain hotels so maybe that's the difference. I'll start with the pros. We didn't have a choice of floors as they were booked except for the first floor. I would have chosen another level but since the floor is elevated above ground level, you still have a good view of the water and the boats. The room was clean and spacious even for 5 people! I would have liked things to be a little updated but for something older, it was clean! Our air conditioner is VERY noisy, not sure if they all are or just this one and it had to run almost non stop because of the heat! We also had a dehumidifier in the room and had housekeeping show us how we needed to empty it if it was full (we asked, they didn't tell us we had to do that and there is a note that you don't HAVE to run it but it helps with the moisture in the air) We had a king sized bed and pull out sofa. The bed was very lumpy and when someone on the other side would move, you would move! We also had a leaky faucet like someone else mentioned. I think if some of the fixtures were updated and new bedspreads were purchased, it would improve things alot. I couldn't give a BAD review because it IS a nice place to stay, just not what I was expecting. Oh I can't forget breakfast! They offer muffins (we had choices of cream cheese, carrot or banana nut), bagels and orange juice. I didn't realize they normally bring it to the room. They do have a note in the room that you can call and have them bring it to you but I didn't realize that's what people probably do since there wasn't a place set up with the food for you to go pick it up. The staff was VERY friendly when I went to the breakfast room and they wrote down exactly what I wanted. They also gave us orange juice, utensils and napkins all on a nice tray! I liked that!

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms would offer better views and may be less noisy too! ALOT of street nois...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FayGirl1970
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

We went for a last minute weekend trip. The location is excellent. Pay the extra $20 for a waterfront room. Sitting out on the balcony watching the boats come and go is really nice. There was also a pretty big storm while we were there which was cool to see from the balcony.
I liked that they brought breakfast to our room. The room was really clean and big and gorgeous. Everything good in Beaufort was withing walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank jesslee1
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay when in the Beaufort area. It offers views of Taylor's Creek and the downtown area. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the staff was great. It was one of the most relaxing places I've stayed in a long time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Lrhollid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Inlet Inn? Share your experiences!