“NO HORRIBLE DONT GO” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blackbeards Grill and Grog

Blackbeards Grill and Grog
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discover the bountiful treasures at Blackbeard's Grill and Grog where the shrimp is spicy and the clams and crab are steamed to perfection - nothing short of what Blackbeard himself would have demanded. Try the crab-filled crab cakes or their Prime Rib - you won't be disappointed. The local owners serve up the freshest ingredients and provide a family-friendly environment which brings customers back for more.
Beaufort, North Carolina
“NO HORRIBLE DONT GO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

No no no please please please don't go!!! I left 2 minutes ago and I already feel like I have food poisoning! The service is absolutely awful. There was one waiter that was in training in the entire resturant.The manager is horrible to everyone and completely inconsiderate. Told us the food we ordered was unavailable once they burnt it 2 hours into waiting for it and nothing was done about it we just had to pick appetizers less than the amount we paid for the others. The sodas were extremely messed up syrup and carbonation wise. The manager yelled at the server to get food while he was taking our order and she did not do a single thing to make our visit a #0 rating I can say hands down only purchase a water and watch what you order because all of us are extremely sick. Please for the sake of even a dime to your name do not go here, especially due to the fact that it cost all of us around $20 a piece for the worst food I ever have. I would rather sit in dirt and eat fire ants.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ling12345

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Awful. Bad. Bad. Bad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went to Blackbeards with a group of girl friends for dinner while in town for the weekend. The service was absolutely terrible. While our server was taking our order the manager interrupted him and made him carry out a tray of food!! We were one of the two tables in the restaurant and it still took almost 2 hours to get in and out. My shrimp was WAY over cooked and when I got it back it had no flavor whatsoever. They waited until everyone else's food was ready to tell three of us that there was no more calamari left for them. They didn't discount any of the terrible food that we were given and politely complained about multiple times. Overall awful experience and definitely will NEVER go back!! On the way home and we already feel sick. Best thing purchased was my water.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HaleyD14
Beaufort, North Carolina
“Great Atmosphere, Food & Drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We lived in Beaufort for the past year and ate there at least 10 times. Their steaks are excellent! I also loved the oysters and love their "Asian cole slaw" (which is great if you want to try a slaw that isn't full of mayo!) They have good entertainment in there during the summer season and if you are there to have a few drinks, they offer a courtesy shuttle to pick you up and take you home! They also deliver! It's a fun place and I have I always had a great time there. A lot of places in Beaufort have a :stuck up/stuffy" kind of a vibe.....not this one!

• Visited July 2013
Virginia
“Oysters worth going for - the rest, eh . . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Their specialty drinks are good. Their oysters are good. The rest of their fare is only average with froo froo prices. I have been three or four times now, and think I probably won't go again given the price and the variety of places nearby to go instead. Unless maybe I go for just oysters, which really are worth it if that is what you are looking for.

• Visited October 2013
Annapolis, MD
“Great Oysters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stopped in for drinks and fresh oysters. The oysters were some of the best we've ever had, and were shucked properly -- completely separated from the shell, not still attached like we find in so many restaurants. If you want tasty fresh oysters, this is the place.

• Visited October 2013