“Don't waste your time here!”

Clawson's 1905 Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Have a question? Find our email address under restaurant info and we'll get back to you ASAP. Clawson's 1905 Restaurant & Pub is housed in 108-year-old brick building at the center of lively and beautiful downtown Beaufort, North Carolina.From Clawson's famous Seafood Bisque to crab cakes to rotating local seafood features, Clawson's food is always homemade. Deli meats are fresh sliced daily, and our 1/2 pound Angus Burgers are hand pattied every morning. Even our burger buns are baked fresh in house! Don't leave town without a quart of one of our homemade dressings or side items.Clawson's Pub, an extension of the restaurant, serves the same full menu and offers eight rotating beer taps and dozens of bottled options. Clawson's loves craft beer and features a North Carolina brewery each month year round. Join us for free beer tastings on the first Friday of every month. Clawson's strives to provide a fun, casual dining experience in a comfortable atmosphere. Call us today for reservations, or see our website for our daily features and draft beers.
North Carolina
“Don't waste your time here!”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Clawson's has gone way down hill. Do not waste a meal here when there are so many good places to eat.
I got a salad for 12.95 with 6 small coconut shrimp (on a skewer with tails that was very messy to get off) and a mango dressing. It was said to have mixed greens. 90% of those greens were iceberg lettuce, the other 10% was romaine. I did not pay $13 for iceberg lettuce. The waitress asked about it and I told her my poor opinion and she said she was worried about it being iceberg and told the chefs, but they didn't care. Do not waste your time here.

East Coast
“Nothing special in our opinion”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We recently dined at this restaurant, as it was recommended by a local person at our hotel (along with many others, but we chose this one). The food, atmosphere, and service wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. My dinner was a combination platter, and I received a fairly small portion of shrimp and fish. I also ordered their garlic mashed potatoes, and it reminded me of the boxed variety I get at the grocery store. Of course, I can't prove they weren't homemade, but they really didn't seem like it to me, just based on the flavor, texture, and appearance.

Another person in our party had the clam chowder, and left most of it, as it wasn't the typical type of chowder we normally have in other restaurants (maybe this is a special house recipe?), and really didn't taste that good to them (or me, since I tried it too).

If we went back to Beaufort for another visit, I would find another local restaurant to try instead of this one, as for our meal, we didn't feel we really got our money's worth, and thus left disappointed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Restaurant with classic...”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Restaurant with classic American food. No more, no less.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Lykens
“Clawson's fans”
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Great service, great food, pleasant atmosphere. Never miss
this restaurant when visiting the area!

Eliabethville, PA
“Fun place with great homemade food feel”
Reviewed April 11, 2008

Been to many restaurants in tourist areas and this definitely does not feel like your typical one. Front of the house staff were extremely friendly and efficient. The food was excellent with large portions and 95% made in house. (as told by our server) The seafood bisque, shrimp and grits, and lunch sandwiches were all standouts. Save room for dessert as they are also home made and HUGE!!