“Perfect big party in Beaufort, NC”

Clawson's 1905 Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Have a question? Find our email address under restaurant info and we'll get back to you ASAP. Clawson's 1905 Restaurant & Pub is housed in 108-year-old brick building at the center of lively and beautiful downtown Beaufort, North Carolina.From Clawson's famous Seafood Bisque to crab cakes to rotating local seafood features, Clawson's food is always homemade. Deli meats are fresh sliced daily, and our 1/2 pound Angus Burgers are hand pattied every morning. Even our burger buns are baked fresh in house! Don't leave town without a quart of one of our homemade dressings or side items.Clawson's Pub, an extension of the restaurant, serves the same full menu and offers eight rotating beer taps and dozens of bottled options. Clawson's loves craft beer and features a North Carolina brewery each month year round. Join us for free beer tastings on the first Friday of every month. Clawson's strives to provide a fun, casual dining experience in a comfortable atmosphere. Call us today for reservations, or see our website for our daily features and draft beers.
Durham, North Carolina
“Perfect big party in Beaufort, NC”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our whole crowd from Raleigh/Durham goes down to Emerald Isle for a New Years dance party, and we almost always have dinner at Clawson's on December 30th. There were 14 of us this year. We were seated in the center of the back room at a long table and the waitress that took care of us was absolutely perfect. She handled all of our idiosyncrasies and had every course out to us quickly and at the same time. She kept our water glasses and drinks refilled. She got every order just right. And she seemed really happy to wait on us. And the food! There were a lot of new items on the menu and everything was fabulous. I haven't always been able to say that about Clawson's. They must have a new chef, because it was spectacular. Everyone was raving about the food. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. Go!

• Visited December 2013
tamccune, Manager at Clawson's 1905 Restaurant, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for the kind review - and you're right, we do have two new chefs. Our culinary team, Jon and Corrie, have done an outstanding job and we're proud to have them on the team!

Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Amazing dinner”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband & I went to dinner here along with our 3 kids while we were in Beaufort just after Christmas. I don't know how this place got any negative reviews. Our dinner was amazing....everyone's! I had the crab cakes with garlic mashed potatoes & cheese grits. I love crab cakes so tend to be picky but I must say these are among the best I've ever had! My 2 teenage boys tried & loved the grits! My 6 year old daughter loved her fried shrimp....ate her whole dinner! My husband had a steak & it was made perfectly & was very tender & juicy. My boys both got wraps & loved every bite! Our waitress was timely & friendly. Will be our first dinner stop when we return to Beaufort in the spring!
Tina S.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback! I always love passing kind words onto our staff. I'll be sure to share with them. Hope to see you again soon!
SE USA
“Clawson's Kitchen Heats Up”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Always dependable, Clawson's cuisine has moved to the top of its class with a new chef. New, wonderful and inventive winter specials are on tap for lucky locals and visitors during the off-season.

Let me share with you: Last Monday, a friend and I took advantage of the night's 2-for-1 special and we both ordered the flounder over house-made ravioli stuffed with butternut squash. All served in a light cream sauce. OMG--this was sublime. The flounder was done just so--tender and flaky. The ravioli was light and fluffy and the butternut squash filling was melt-in-your-mouth.

Spinach and tomatoes were in there, too. And while some cream sauces can be heavy and cloying, this sauce was not--it practically floated off the plate like a cloud.

I won't even whisper the tiny price, but let me tell you this was the best deal in Beaufort.

The week before I was in pig heaven with the app of Oysters Rockefeller. It was 2-for-1, too. My mouth and tummy made me do it, and I ended up ordering a double-double order--I ate four orders! Couldn't help myself. These were done the way my Mamma used to make 'em. What tender, flavorful morsels they were!

I don't know what's on tap for upcoming weeks, but I do know this winter I'll be having a Chef's Night off at least once a week--and more often when I can.

Can't wait to see what the kitchen dreams up next. I'm loving the creativity, the use of locally-sourced foods--and the tiny prices of these specials.

Way to go Clawson's! Thank you, Mr. Chef!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Over priced and over rated”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

There aren't many places in Beaufort to eat that are not very expensive. This place is expensive for bar food. Good drinks and the Bar tenders are great, drinks are good and generous but the food is not good and certainly is over priced. They have a high opinion of themselves. We have eaten there many times with food returned because it is cold, the wings taste like they have been purchased and microwaved, but they do have the best onion rings around. I do wish that they would work on the food and pricing. This review is based upon the last 12 years and not any one meal. Go to the bar and get the onion rings.

• Visited December 2013
JakeJustice, Owner at Clawson's 1905 Restaurant, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write your review about Clawson’s. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in our pub, the drinks and the hospitality that you received there. We are a full service restaurant with a large menu including grilled seafood and steaks, salads and homemade desserts. We pride ourselves on providing good food at good prices. Many reviews here reflect that. Thank you for your comments on our wonderful onion rings. They are cut fresh daily and are a very generous portion. Our wings are always prepared fresh and hot and then tossed in our wonderful sauce and served with celery and ranch or bleu cheese to cool your mouth. If you are ever dissatisfied with anything you receive at Clawson’s please be sure to let us know and we will take care of it on the spot.
Thomaston, Maine
“Great all around place for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Love this restaurant in historic Beaufort on Front Street. The menu has something for everyone. Kids to adults will find something they will like. The food tastes fantastic. The atmosphere is great the restaurant is in an old building on Front Street. After shopping on Front Street this is the place. I have eaten here every time we come here to visit.

• Visited April 2013
tamccune, Manager at Clawson's 1905 Restaurant, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a good meal, and we'll see you next time!