“great atmosphere”

Clawson's 1905 Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Have a question? Find our email address under restaurant info and we'll get back to you ASAP. Clawson's 1905 Restaurant & Pub is housed in 108-year-old brick building at the center of lively and beautiful downtown Beaufort, North Carolina.From Clawson's famous Seafood Bisque to crab cakes to rotating local seafood features, Clawson's food is always homemade. Deli meats are fresh sliced daily, and our 1/2 pound Angus Burgers are hand pattied every morning. Even our burger buns are baked fresh in house! Don't leave town without a quart of one of our homemade dressings or side items.Clawson's Pub, an extension of the restaurant, serves the same full menu and offers eight rotating beer taps and dozens of bottled options. Clawson's loves craft beer and features a North Carolina brewery each month year round. Join us for free beer tastings on the first Friday of every month. Clawson's strives to provide a fun, casual dining experience in a comfortable atmosphere. Call us today for reservations, or see our website for our daily features and draft beers.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

cool touristy place to stop and eat. A bit pricey! I had a seafood nacho dish, my daughter had a large sundae (hey, we were on vacation!) but cant remember what the hubby had. It was pretty good but not something I would rave about.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our family's beach vacation had a trip to Clawson's, picked by my brother in law. It's really a beautiful old building, but I didn't like it enough to go back. We didn't have to wait for seating because we were out of the tourist season. We'd made a reservation anyway. The wooden bench seats are very uncomfortably straight. Some nice fresh rolls and real butter were brought to the table quickly, they were pretty good. We were a party of six and had 2 appetizers, a crab dip and a baked brie. Both were just ok. I had shrimp and oysters with their home made potato chips and a small salad. When I am at a seaside restaurant, I have expectations of knock your socks off seafood, and this wasn't. The shrimp and oysters were quite small and I am not even sure they were fresh. Mr. had tuna steak over coconut rice. The steak was thin and cooked past medium rare. The rice was pretty plain. One person in our party was on a gluten free diet. While they brought a gluten free menu, they served the salad with banana nut bread. I believe they need to pay more attention to items like this. I don't recall what others had, but I think we all left with a feeling of "meh". Too bad, because this place really had potential to become one of our regular stops.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have had lunch there and the food was very good. Last night, my husband and I ate at Clawson's and we were disappointed. My husband ordered ribs (29.95) and asked for some extra BBQ sauce...no problem. When we looked at the bill, they had charged us an additional .25 cents. We paid our bill and said nothing. On our way out, we mentioned this to the manager. It certainly was not the .25 cents but the pettiness of the charge. He said that was their policy. I asked if they also charged for extra ketchup and he promptly said that they did not. It was ridiculous and the ribs are not that good to warrant going back there.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Food is good overall. Some items might not be to my taste but seeing as I see others loving them I know those items must be good too. Love the atmosphere here and the staff is helpful and pleasant. Eat here, relax and have some good conversation then head across the street and walk the docks. In the evening you will most likely be treated to live music at the dock house which is pretty cool for a drink stop.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wonderful food. Wonderful place with everyone pleasant and attentive. The building looks awesome inside as it was a grocery store, a bank and a few other stores in between. Very charming place.