“Okay food.....ridiculous customer service”

Clawson's 1905 Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Have a question? Find our email address under restaurant info and we'll get back to you ASAP. Clawson's 1905 Restaurant & Pub is housed in 108-year-old brick building at the center of lively and beautiful downtown Beaufort, North Carolina.From Clawson's famous Seafood Bisque to crab cakes to rotating local seafood features, Clawson's food is always homemade. Deli meats are fresh sliced daily, and our 1/2 pound Angus Burgers are hand pattied every morning. Even our burger buns are baked fresh in house! Don't leave town without a quart of one of our homemade dressings or side items.Clawson's Pub, an extension of the restaurant, serves the same full menu and offers eight rotating beer taps and dozens of bottled options. Clawson's loves craft beer and features a North Carolina brewery each month year round. Join us for free beer tastings on the first Friday of every month. Clawson's strives to provide a fun, casual dining experience in a comfortable atmosphere. Call us today for reservations, or see our website for our daily features and draft beers.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have had lunch there and the food was very good. Last night, my husband and I ate at Clawson's and we were disappointed. My husband ordered ribs (29.95) and asked for some extra BBQ sauce...no problem. When we looked at the bill, they had charged us an additional .25 cents. We paid our bill and said nothing. On our way out, we mentioned this to the manager. It certainly was not the .25 cents but the pettiness of the charge. He said that was their policy. I asked if they also charged for extra ketchup and he promptly said that they did not. It was ridiculous and the ribs are not that good to warrant going back there.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Food is good overall. Some items might not be to my taste but seeing as I see others loving them I know those items must be good too. Love the atmosphere here and the staff is helpful and pleasant. Eat here, relax and have some good conversation then head across the street and walk the docks. In the evening you will most likely be treated to live music at the dock house which is pretty cool for a drink stop.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wonderful food. Wonderful place with everyone pleasant and attentive. The building looks awesome inside as it was a grocery store, a bank and a few other stores in between. Very charming place.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been going to Beaufort for years but stayed away from this place because it looked like a tourist trap. We were right. My wife was busy so I took the kids. Wide open tables but it still took ten minutes to be seated. We should have left. Service was slow and rude. Food was somewhat eatable. Clawson's survives on its location and the tourists. It looks appealing but looks can be deceiving.

1  Thank Sam R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time in the area, staying on Emerald Isle, Heard Beaufort was worth a visit. Wife read Clawsons was a good place to eat. It was "Just OK" Seafood Bisque was really good, the rest of the meal was mediocre at best. Can't even remember what my wife or I ordered. Didn't take any left overs!