“They will cancel”

Beaufort Pirate Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: NC's Newest and Largest Pirate Ship! The M/V Renegade features an interactive costumed Pirate Captain and Crew, ready to take your family out on an adventure! Our daily sailings include Pirate Cruises with a water cannon battle, or a Shackleford Island Treasure Hunt complete with stolen treasure and a possible plank walk! The only Pirate tour in town aboard a real Pirate Ship! Leave the landlubbers behind and join us as we sail the Crystal Coast! ARGGHHH!
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I made reservations the day before for myself and my 5 year old daughter to go out on the pirate ship, which included providing a credit card number, and I also left my phone number. The next morning, after driving 30 minutes to get there, we got to the dock and nobody was there. I called the number and the woman said that they cancelled our trip due to not having enough people to sign up. She told me that she tried to call me and had left me a message; however, I did not show any missed calls nor any voicemails. I was then standing on the dock looking at the pirate ship and having to explain to my 5 yr old why we couldn't go out on it after all. We were leaving the beach that day so we were not able to reschedule, but I'm not sure if I would have any way at that point.

2  Thank Bre G
George A, Owner at Beaufort Pirate Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

The Beaufort Pirate Adventures cancellation policy is clearly stated on our website when purchasing tickets "Trip Passenger Minimums do apply! 24 Hr Cancellation Policy!" and also when calling for reservations, the office does explain our boat minimums and cancellation policies. Our company has established boat minimums due to the cost of fuel and crew, that we apply to each trip. Our reservation phone numbers are recorded as company policy, we do show that you were called twice that day to let you know the scheduled time/boat was cancelled. We are sorry you did not receive the messages/calls and do apologize for the inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Beaufort Pirate Adventures

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on vacation and came across a brochure for Beaufort Pirate adventures. My kids thought "oh boy not another boring pirate trip". When we first booked they cancelled the trip due to bad weather. And having three young boys we can deffinatly understand there concern for there safety. When we showed up the following day we were greeted by pirates. They were hilarious we laughed non stop from beginning to end. Capt. Spike went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great trip. There was not a moment of downtime. From the cannon training to the sword fighting it was well worth the $20. We will deffinatly be coming back to Beaufort next year if only for this Trip. Thank you to the whole crew for making this a memorable vacation. ARR.... GAH!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our trip was cancelled and they left a message on the cell was not taking the charge at the beach house. It would have been nice to get an email too. We drove one hour to the location to be told to get off the deck since it was private. We said we were there for the pirate ship and she said that it was cancelled. I am not sure of the reason but another cruise ship (smaller) by the same company was going out and we asked if we could join that party. Oh, no, that is private. We will not do anything with this company again. The ferry guy down the road said again they cancelled. So, we went to Fort Macon and had a great time. Make sure you have back up plans if you get very disappointed by a cancellation at the last minute.

3  Thank Disappointed459
George A, Owner at Beaufort Pirate Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I am sorry about the cancellation but if you see that the ferry cancelled next to us also and that the ferry further down the waterfront cancelled, there was a reason for this. It was blowing 25 to 30 knots and the trips could not be made. The private boat that you mention was myself and my family on our other boat the Shackleford Lady. We took the boat out for a test run only 1/4 mile from the dock and the brought it back. I am sorry that your cell phone didn't get the. Message however every call we make or receive is recorded and the records show that the phone number on file with the reservation. As you can see on the other trips we do try our hardest to please everyone however when you carry almost 1000 passengers a week just on the pirate boat not everyone will be understanding and sometimes overlook the surrounding circumstances
Captain George A.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Since the other reviews where so positive we were very excited for this trip. The crew seemed only marginally involved, and the captain said a curse word on the speaker system. I am not sure why the parents needed to pay as this was obviously for the children only.
They were supposed to give the kids a pirate name, we did not get any. The crew were seen texting on their phones, just like the original pirates did. The attacking boat which was drenched with water cannons had one "pirate" and another guy in shorts running a bilge pump and shooting the kids with a squirt gun.
Over all we were not impressed, and would advise any visitors to give this a long hard thought.

4  Thank Larry J
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently went on the Pirate Adventures tour and my boys (ages 4 and 7) loved it. They enjoyed shooting water out of the canons. My 4 year old still believes the other boat stole the treasure. The crew were great and had a lot of fun with the kids. Highly recommend!