“Good cup of coffee.”

Cuisines: American
North Carolina
“Good cup of coffee.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were waited on quickly. The waitress was friendly and the coffee was good. We did not have anything to eat. Very eclectic. It is suppose to be oldest existing business in the historic district.

Visited January 2014

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Never Changes!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This great little bar & grill never changes and that's a good thing! We always enjoy dropping by for a beer or five & just shootin' the bull with whomever is behind the bar at the time!

Visited December 2013
Raleigh
“Awesome oasis of normal among the aged, boat-wielding retirees...”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great place to simply go get some grub at a decent price, which is a rarity in the touristy area of Beaufort... Beer prices are nice... Owners are cool folk as well! Pool tables for those that play the game, TVs to watch a game if you're so inclined. I try to stop by every time I'm back in town. Then I go to the Backstreet Pub after they close up shop...

• Visited September 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Comfort food, comfortable prices”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Its no secret, the Royal James is definitely the neighborhood pub on the Beaufort waterfront. We wandered in mid afternoon to a few locals sitting at the small bar, and seated ourselves at a high top table in front of a picture window where we could relax & people watch.

There were several pool tables and a juke box along with several other tables. The service was friendly and fast --we ordered at the bar & our food was brought out when ready.

It was exactly what we wanted - my daughter ordered a cheese burger, and my friend & I each ordered a hot dog (she the Dogzilla, a 1/4 lb burger, I a regular burger with sauerkraut) & we shared cheese sticks. Plain old comfort food. Everything was tasty and clean, and our bill totaled $15.

You might wonder why I rated this "very good" but I will tell you that when you are tired of paying $8 - $12 for a cheeseburger, kicking back for a burger that is $2.25 IS very good!

Note that this is a cash only establishment! There is an atm located inside if you find yourself running low.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MaryEllen222
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesomely Over-Looked Bar and Grill”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'd call it a bit of a dive bar, but the Royal James was the highlight. Old fashioned counter tops and a solo grill top comprise the bar, plus 5 or so pool tables and of course a juke box. Great place to go and enjoy a few beverages and hang out. As tourists we walked in and within a few minutes had made friends with a lot of people...by the end of the weekend we felt like regulars. Good times!

Visited April 2013