“Gluten free customers read this:)”
Review of Old Salt - CLOSED

Old Salt
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located directly across from the Historical Society. Previous owners called it the Net House.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We recently traveled to the Beaufort, NC area, and were looking for a few restaurants that offer gluten free options. Wow, were we thrilled and delighted to have found this one! I am a creature of habit and don't usually try new things, well I am glad I did this time! The Strawberry Spinach salad
(Fresh spinach, candied pecans, mandarin oranges, Chevre cheese, topped with HOMEMADE strawberry white balsamic vinaigrette is 100% Gluten Free!
We ate there three times while on vacation if that tells you anything! Yumm! I also had theBBQ Baby Back Ribs that was served with the most delicious housemade BBQ sauce, also gluten free!
Twice I enjoyed their Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken Breast, equally yummy!
Don't leave there without finishing off dinner with the best (bar none) gf desert I have ever had! It was a chocolate desert, kind of a mix between fudge and a mousse, drizzled with a raspberry sauce.
My husband (who can eat anything) was impressed with everything he got too!
Staff was incredibly friendly, knowledgable about the area, and attentive!
Thank you Old Salt House for offering such a wonderful gluten free diverse menu!

1  Thank Sherri A
There are newer reviews for Old Salt

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I ate at Old Salt for the first time recently and are glad we did. While eating the sea-brined french fries as an appetizer my comment was something like, "honey, this may be worth the drive from Raleigh." We found the food to be delicious (I ate a blackened tuna steak with red-mashed potatoes and sauteed zucchini and squash) and the service, though a little rough around the edges, was good. Our server made great recommendations, knew the menu well and was very attentive. The dessert, a german chocolate pie with organic ice cream was really good.To top it off, they had a live musical act who was a phenomenal guitarist and songwriter (Mark Crawford Williams, I think was his name). Definitely recommend this place to others.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at the Old Salt twice during the week we spent in Beaufort. Both times the food was great and the service was top-notch. The servers were extremely personable and made us feel at home. The service was quick and the food did not disappoint. Their french fries are outstanding! They also locally source their food and make all of their sauces/salad dressings in-house. The owner also stopped by both nights to check on us. The Old Salt has become one of our go-to restaurants when in Beaufort.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Wonderful flavors, everything, down to the ketchup, is made in house. The service was wonderful and the greeting and atmosphere were perfect for a small beach town. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I discovered The Old Salt in May and we love it. The food is excellent. I don't eat French fries but I make an exception at the Old Salt. Barbara, the owner, is a pastry chief and you will want to save room for desert! The pecan crusted flounder is amazing too. This is a must visit restaurant