“Best I've had in a long time!”
Review of Old Salt - CLOSED

Old Salt
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located directly across from the Historical Society. Previous owners called it the Net House.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Two girlfriends and I were in town with our young children under the age of 3. We wanted a good restaurant that could accommodate our group. The hostess at Old Salt immediately assured us that we were welcomed. We had the nicest waiter and a bus boy who constantly checked on us and entertained our kiddos. We were later greeted by the owner and she made over our group. This was seriously the nicest wait staff I have seen. When I told the owner she agreed and stated how lucky she was to have everyone there.

Now, to the food. It was so good! For an appetizer we had potato skins with crab meat and bacon. It was as good as it sounds! They have a homemade remoulade sauce that is excellent. I not only used it to dip the potato skins but ended up using it for a salad dressing also! It was that good!! The steamed oysters were fantastic as well. Our group split oysters, fried shrimp, and an order of pome frites- and the sauce went well with everything :)

It was in a great location, right on a main street down from the waterfront. I will definitely visit this restaurant every time I'm here! Not only is it my favorite in Beaufort, but probably my favorite anywhere!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Owner greeted us on the street and invited us in, so we just couldn't pass up a personal invitation. Not only is everything homemade and fresh, but the service was also outstanding. Crab and potato appetizer was heaven, as was the key lime pie for desert. Flounder sandwich was delish and just enough to fill us up. Relaxed atmosphere, nice wine selection and easy walk from harbor. You won't be disappointed if you choose this lovely little spot in Beaufort.

20+ years visiting outer banks from colorado

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I always read reviews and hope for the best-- like those booking.com commercials. Old Salt has that quaint, non-chain feel. The staff was friendly, the food was delicious (even the sweet tea and bread/butter). Food is prepared at the time of ordering-- the owner is a pastry chef and the desserts are wonderful. They were very accomodating with splitting a meal for the kids. In line with the prices of other restaurants-- worth it! We are picky and we loved our dining experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

After a long day walking around historic Beaufort we were ready to relax and enjoy some sweet tea and a good dinner. We tried the Old Salt for the first time. They had a decent menu and some very interesting specials. I had to try the shrimp and grits, my newfound love. Each of use merited desert as we cleaned our plates.

1  Thank Eric D
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband, toddler daughter, and I stopped in for an early dinner. We were the first table of the night. The service, food, and prices were all great. We had the crab dip (1/2price apps from 4-6), shrimp burgers and split the pound cake. It was so delicious! Old salt sauce was great as was the homemade ketchup! Staff was so friendly too! Go!!! You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Kathryn H