“Highly recommend!”

Crystal Coast Lady Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: #1 Tour Company - The M/V Crystal Coast Lady is a 100' All Aluminum Motor Yacht that is USCG Certified and inspected for up to 265 Passengers! We have full ABC permits, a galley on each deck, and 4 restrooms on board.Tours run 7 days a week and include: 1/2 Day Family Fishing, Shackleford Banks Wild Pony and Dolphin Scenic Tours, Historic Beaufort Waterfront Cruises, Brunch, Lunch & Sunset Dinner Buffets, Wednesday Wine Tasting Cruises, and Dolphin Watches! We also specialize in unique wedding packages,special events and private charters.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Loved the dinner cruise!! Crew was great and the food was good and plentiful!! We enjoyed it very much!!

All reviews
"alcoholic beverages"
"inland waterway"
"the pilot house"

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We signed up for the lunchtime Dolphin and Horse tour. Upon boarding, the ship is nice. It's large with plenty of seating around the ship, as well as covered seating areas inside and on the upper deck. The tour itself is billed as 1 1/2 hours and I'd say it was right timewise. The lunch is nothing spectacular- ham, turkey and roast beef cold cuts, two kinds of cheese (American and provolone I believe), salad with one type of dressing, coleslaw, and cookies. They also offered sweet tea or unsweet tea. Mixed drinks are available for an extra cost. The ship is loud, there's no denying it. The captain provides insights into what you are seeing via a loudspeaker. Some of the speakers didn't work well and crackled and popped, before going silent. The ship takes you down towards the end of Beaufort, towards the end of the inlet where Blackbeard's house is located (note you cannot see it from the ship, it's one block inland). For the horses, you see the island opposite the dock area and hopefully horses will be out and about (FYI- if they are on the shoreline, you can also see them from Front Street for free). The ship then takes you on a tour of the harbor, up to Morehead City, and back. You don't go into open waters or all the way to Fort Macon. The staff was nice and friendly, no complaints there. I just don't think this was worth $50 for two people.

2  Thank legaleagle216
George A, Owner at Crystal Coast Lady Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your review and for choosing Crystal Coast Lady Cruises. We appreciate the comments about the boat and staff. In response to your comments about the lunch, the regular price for the Wild Pony and Dolphin Scenic Tour without Lunch is $19.00, so for $6.00 extra you're are getting the complete menu with the assorted deli meats, assorted cheeses, tossed salad with plum tomatoes, hush puppies, homemade coleslaw, variety of breads and rolls as well as cookies, and the tea and coffee. This is cheaper than you can buy a regular submarine sandwich for, and we think this is a very reasonable for the selections offered. The tour is competitively priced with the other tours in the area, and we do offer the largest boat as well as the extra amenities such as restrooms, kids steering station, full galley with bar, inside and outside seating, and upper and lower decks. We hope you will visit with us again on another tour if you are in the area again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

With a 4 and 5 year old in tow we decided to take the pirate and Shakleford island tour. Very glad we did. The crew of scallywags on board were fantastic from start to finish (2 hours). The kids had sword fights with the pirates, had their face painted or tattoos (thanks Spike) and also had water guns on the way back (parents can retreat to the upper level to stay out of the frey). At the island we had the chance to see the wild horses and the kids watched one of the pirates walk the plank and before long all the kids were in the water (bring a change of clothes or bathing suits) pillaging the treasure. Both adult and kid beverages and snacks are available as well as snacks at reasonable prices. This was the highlight for our kids on a week long adventure. My thanks to the onboard crew and captain, we all had a great time.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My mother and I took my two boys, ages 2.5 and 5, on the Pirate Treasure Hunt & Shackelford Banks Excursion yesterday and we have been telling everyone we know about the AMAZING time we all had!
The fun started before we even boarded with the pirates playing with the kids, and handing out pirate bandanas. Once we boarded the boat, the pirates walked around entertaining everyone, (young and old!) with sword fights, face painting, and general ruckus. We laughed so much, and the smiles on my boys' faces was ear to ear!
Once we arrived at the banks, we were led on a hysterical treasure hunt, complete with a plank walking, and pirate initiation. The treasure hunt was long enough to be fun, but just short enough to keep the kids interested. At the end, each of the children got to take gold from the treasure chest.
After the hunt, we had time to play in the ocean. We stuck close to the ship, and I am SO glad we did. We were able to walk out quite far into the water, where the pirates swam and played with the kids. I made a tongue in cheek remark to one of the pirates that clearly they HATED kids to be doing that job, and he replied that he had the best job in the world. So awesome! We even had about 7 of the wild horses walk right past us! It couldn't have been better!
Back on the boat, there was a kids vs pirates water gun fight that entertained them the whole ride back. I've never seen a crew so great with children!

The boat itself was very clean, had restrooms, food and beverages (alcoholic and non) for purchase.
I would recommend this to anyone with children 12 and under. It was an absolute blast!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I took my step daughter on the wild pony and dolphin scenic tour. We had a great time. I was worried about her being 5 that she wouldnt have fun but she did. We didnt see any ponys or dolphins but we still enjoyed it. Just have to realize this are wild animals and not trained animals, cant make them be were you want so people can see them. We walked around the boat and she loved to play with the steering station on the boat. I was happy for the restrooms on board. Good thing. Not easy to tell a 5 yr old she has to wait till we get back. They also had a snack area that we were able to purchase drinks and chips. I would Very highly recommend this trip or this company to anyone.