“fabulous coffee in fun and funky shop”

Cru Wine Bar & Beaufort Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“fabulous coffee in fun and funky shop”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our favorite spot to drop in for coffee and amazing baked goodies and will instantly become your go-to coffee and wine place too.

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mocha I've ever had”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Okay, first off, I am experiencing withdrawal.

I'm a coffee and chocolate snob and I'm a foodie. I love to travel but typically when I visit a small town, I'm always underwhelmed by the small-town coffee shops. Until now.

I need the Cru in my hometown. So, so badly. The mocha is unbelievable. Seriously. It's ridiculous. I don't care that it's expensive. Buy one and you'll be back every single day you're in Beaufort, I guarantee it. While you're at it, buy one of the Beaufort chocolate bars (the dark chocolate sea salt bar is out of this world) which they make upstairs.

The staff, ESPECIALLY RENEE!!, is beyond belief. Just so sweet and warm. They always offer a few made to order sandwiches and since we ate there every day, I can confirm they're all delicious. There are plenty of electrical outlets and free internet (avoid the brick wall toward the back for best reception) and best yet....there's a bar if you're later in the afternoon and in the mood for something with a little more kick than the coffee.

This place is probably my all-time favorite coffee shop. The only problem? It's several hundred miles away from home. WAH! :-)

Visited March 2014
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
“Best espresso in coastal NC”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Wow, this place was awesome. Everyone was friendly, coffees (espresso and latte) were great, and they have a good wine selection as well, as opposed to the major distributor lines you'll find at place like Food Lion.

Apex, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I found this place while listening to a band playing there and loved it! Pizza was great and reasonably priced.

“A neat little place”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We're locals. The wife and I dropped by after she got off work, to celebrate Valentines Day, with some food and some live music. Arrived about 8pm just as the band was getting started. A word about the band, the Outer Banks Philharmonic Band...some locals who reallly do a fantastic job on cover songs...mostly old school stuff, as the crowd there ranged from age 40 on up to the 80s...and believe me, old people can party.

As for food, we ordered the nachos...plenty for she and I to eat...and good too. There are plenty other dishes on the menu...some really good looking sandwiches. The drinks were reasonable....ths place has a full bar. Our service was decent...maybe could have come by our table a little more often, but in their defense, it was a large crowd, not easily navigated by the wait staff, so I'm guessing they had a difficult time getting to us...this certainly isn't enough to deter us from a return trip...we will definitely be back.

All in all, a very nice place to go and relax...free WiFi too. A must visit while in the Beaufort area.

Visited February 2014