“Clueless bartender, weird food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Queen Anne's Revenge

Queen Anne's Revenge
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Littleton, Colorado
“Clueless bartender, weird food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We gave them two chances over the weekend and both were horrid. Late dinner one evening put us outside on the patio with music. Little did we know that EVERYONE smokes out there. No escaping it, either. Yeck. The "salad" trio that I had was so salty that I sent it back, describing the chicken salad as inedible. Whew. My husband liked his grouper, though. Next night, I decided to have an open mind and try it since I wanted a salad. Had to sit at the bar and wait because it was obvious the wait staff was in turmoil. Ordered a margarita when I saw the bartender give the next person a very generous shot of tequila in his. Mine, however, was crazy sweet and short on tequila. When I asked for a lime, he seemed puzzled. Yes... limes are traditional and it surely needed it. Finally got the table and ordered the grouper "taco salad." The greens weren't washed and the grouper had carraway seeds on it. Carraway belongs in rye bread, NOT a taco salad. And, a little side of sour cream doesn't qualify the dish as Mexican food, you guys. Just pathetic. I hesitate to give such horrible reviews but this one was so overwhelmingly horrible I just couldn't let it go by. They need to do some serious overhauling of the menu and their wait staff training.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Amherst, Virginia
“The icing on the cake for a romantic evening!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Went to QAR on Friday May 11th for a late evening dinner...had never been to Beaufort.. found it while walking the waterfront.. As soon as my wife and I saw the place, we agreed that this was IT!
Well, it was full, with only one table left outside, right next to the guy who was sing there that evening. The sun was going down over the water,too!
We ordered the 'mixed grill" that had Mahi, Shrimp, crab cake, veggies and Saffron rice.
WOOOHOOO!! And what a GREAT atmosphere..listening to GREAT live music, eating GREAT food for only about $20 a piece? How could ANYONE complain? And after that, a wonderful walk around that lovely town!!

• Visited May 2012
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Another great lunch at QAR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

This time we had the pizza that we've heard so much about. It was really good. They did make a mistake and put feta cheese on it and that's one of the few things my husband doesn't eat. He ate it anyway and still thought the pizza was good. In exchange for their mistake, they made us a new pizza without feta for us to bring home at no charge.
The service was excellent as always and I had a yummy ale with the pizza and a delicious salad. Mike had the french onion soup and said it was very good.

• Visited April 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Great spot on the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great selection of beers and wines - and pleasant but not brilliant food

Visited April 2012
“Nice View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We went for lunch with our 3 boys. The snapper was great, clam chowder had delicious chunks of clam. My son had the soft shell sandwich, which he loved. Another son had the black bean soup, which I finished because it was so tasty. Our server, Jacqueline, was great. She checked on us often and was friendly. We sat outside by the water, which was beautiful. I had the special, a grilled cheese with tomato and roast beef was a bit to beefy, but I just pulled the meat off and it was good.

• Visited April 2012