“Fantastic food, atmosphere, owner, and employees!”

Queen Anne's Revenge
Ranked #13 of 43 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I was given a gift card to eat at QAR, and could not have been happier! The food was wonderful, fast, and VERY reasonable! The waitstaff was prompt and friendly and the owner (Betty Sue) was super friendly! The mixed drinks were fantastic! My husband was very happy with the beer selection as well!
I will be going back often! Thank you QAR staff!

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stopped in this restaurant for a beer & appetizer before taking a Lookout Cruise. Sat at the bar and had a good beer and crap dip - yum.

Decided to come back for a bite after the cruise since they were still open & tried the homemade pizza. They said the dough & pizza was made in-house and it was really really good! We got the special with the works (and a small salad to start).

They have a wine & beer shop in the front and I think there was a coffee/pastry shop in the front also. Nice one-stop shop.

Also Beaufort was really cute - check it out if you are visiting one of the nearby beaches. It has that charming New England fishing town feel.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

We are going to give Queen Annes revenge another try. Everyone has a bad day once in a while and the owner has asked us to try them again:) Hopefully, the food will be as good as the location!I will repost when we try again. Thank-you for responding Queen Annes' Revenge!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

While on a recent vacation to Beaufort, I visited this place on several occasions. The place is very cheery with various Blackbeard Paraphernalia on the wall and a tremendous view of Taylor's Creek. A huge wine selection and beer selection also take up a lot of wall space and floor space which was a nice touch. Tables were very clean as were the floors and the staff were always in a pleasant mood. A small bar stands in the back overlooking the creek and is nicely decorated and very welcoming. I ordered a coffee the first time I was there and was not disappointed. A good selection of flavored syrups were available as were the options for hot, iced, or frapp style coffee. They even had smoothies. I had a hazelnut latte with soy milk and it was wonderful. The next two times I was there I had dinner and it was gloriously fresh. I had a veggie wrap with black bean soup and the quality of the food was top notch. Service was quick and the staff once again very accommodating and genuine. Had the nachos for for dinner the second night and was pleasantly surprised to see tri-colored tortilla chips and an abundance of toppings such as black beans, cheese, guac, sour cream and what appeared to be homemade salsa. Very very good! Had another cup of coffee and it was just as good as the first time I came. On my last visit, I had the house salad and that was marvelously fresh and decent sized.

Queen Anne's also serves a variety of pizzas and seafood dishes which I did not try, but looking at the other customers who had ordered these things, the plates looked abundant and high quality. There could be a wider selection of desserts, but it wasn't a deal breaker. On the days that I came, I saw lemon bars, cheesecake, and a chocolate cake of sort. Most of the time there were empty dishes in the display case where the desserts once stood which was unfortunate. I bought a bottle of chocolate wine and it was fantastic. I am not much of a drinker so I cannot tell you how the wine and beer selections are, but I overheard good things about the quality and variety.

For consistency, quality, cleanliness, and friendly staff, Queen Anne's is most definitely the place to be in Beaufort.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Had lunch here. Sat outside waterfront. Good quality food and fresh fish dishes. Service was friendly and attentive. Come before noon to get a good table.