“No customer service”

Island Ferry Adventures
Ranked #5 of 23 Tours in Beaufort
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I would start by saying that Island Ferry Adventures has bad customer service, but they have none at all. My spouse called twice to make a reservation 3 days in advance and left a message of the date and time that we were interested in and left her cell number. (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) and so far has not heard back from them. I then called twice myself on the day before we wanted to go leaving my contact information, cell number, etc and just now recieved a voice mail from them - the day after we returned from Beaufort. So far my wife has not recieved a call back. Luckily for us instead of waiting for someone to be professional enough to respond we stopped by the dock and went with another ferry service - the Outer Banks Ferry Service. In sharp contrast the Outer Banks Ferry Service was very proffesional and friendly. The captain did an excellent job in handling his boat! Thanks again to Outer Banks Ferry Service! We will be back.

2  Thank Otis C

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We took the ferry to Shackleford Banks they were busy but we were able to walk up and get on the ferry but on busy weekends I would definitely make a reservation. You have to let them know how long you wish to stay but there are no restrictions and if your plans change and you want to take an earlier or later return trip, no problem, space permitting they give you a card to call. The island was wonderful--good beaches and shelling and you could see the horses up close and personal, just don't get too close or you could get kicked!! The trip to Shackleford was informative with our guide giving us the history of the area and pointing out interesting sites and in our case, yachts of celebrities docked in Beaufort (Dale Jr.).

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived at the docks and got signed up for the next ferry ride out to Shackleford Banks. They made sure to let us know that it was a little rough and we could expect some overspray to hit us. We boarded up and the Captain was very knowledgeable about the area and friendly! The wind had picked up and the water was very choppy. He called back and told them that we were going to be his last run of the day. He kept apologizing for the ride because we got soaked but it didn’t matter he made it fun and kept us safe. We enjoyed our time on the island and by the time we were scheduled to leave the weather had turned for the worse. He returned to get us and at that time there was another couple there that hadn’t come out with us but he wanted to get everyone off the island because of the weather rolling in. I knew then he was a good Captain making sure everyone was safe no matter if they were his customers or not. Even though the weather had turned bad and the ride was rough we really enjoyed it! I look forward to returning some day in the summer and spending the whole day at the island and I will make sure I use this company again because of the wonderful staff!

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Steve zoomed us over to Shackleford Banks and gave a good historic overview on the way. Pulled up right onto the sand beach and clued us into getting to a high dune to spot the wild horses. There they were. Actually just yards away from our drop off spot. You can explore the island at your leisure and climb the dunes, hunt shells and hang with the equines as long as you want. In other outer bank reserves you cannot roam the dunes and god forbid you look at a horse. Idea: take along a bag and help pick up liter—there's too much of it from previous visitors.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a must if you are vacationing in the area. Boat ride was a nice way to see the Beaufort waterfront and spend as much time as you want on Shackleford. The ferry drops you off and returns on the hour . Stay for an hour or all day. My wife and I stayed for 3 hours and found some nice shells. Didn't see the horses, but the captain, after picking us up, went farther down the island and pointed them out on the dunes. On our way back, he gave us a history lesson of the homes on the Beaufort waterfront.

2  Thank PennaWright1