“Fantastic Fresh Flounder Fish & Handmade Potato Chips with a Great View of the Marina!”
Review of FishTales - CLOSED

FishTales
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great 2nd visit! This time for lunch with friends and their two children. My husband and I thought the fresh flounder fish & handmade potato chips were the best we have ever had! Our two friends ordered the meatloaf sandwiches which they enjoyed. The two children ordered the fish & chips also, which they really liked. Our server, Kelly, was attentive and friendly. This is an upstairs restaurant in a charming two story building with a wrap-a-round veranda which includes inside seating with table cloths and more casual seating outside on the veranda. With a nice marina view and great food so far, we intend to eat here again. Also, there is an outside Tiki Bar off to the side of the first floor stairs area which looks like fun. The restaurant is under new management and we think they are doing a very good job!

There are newer reviews for FishTales

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place could be really great, but it's not. It's above a marina, lots of beautiful boats and a wonderful view. In the summer you can eat on on the deck and really get the benefit of the surroundings. There is also an outside bar down below which looks like it could be a really good time. The restaurant upstairs really doesn't take advantage of the view, the windows are not very big and much of the view is blocked by solid walls. This was our third visit, we really tried to like it here, but the food and service are just not up to the location. The waiter was terrific and the poor service had nothing to do with him. He knew his menu and knew his wines and we hoped we were in for a better experience. Drinks came promptly and he brought tastings of wine so we could make sure we liked what we got. Then we waited...and waited. 20 minutes later we got bread. 10 minutes after that, entrees appeared. Our friends had a special, salmon wrapped in pastry, and it was OK. My husband had a steak and the quality of the meat was good but it was poorly seasoned. My two crabcakes were large but the crabmeat was shredded and had almost no flavor. Asparagus sides were grilled and well seasoned. Wednesday nights are 2 for one, so our check was only about $70, but even at that, we won't be back. Too bad.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Hot harvest bread with seasoned dipping oil to start. The mahi mahi and crab cakes were the best my husband and I had ever had. Also, the key lime cheesecake was wonderful. We plan on eating here again and again!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I thought I reveiwed this recently but I don't see so here goes. My husband, BIL and cousin went here for lunch a few weeks ago and brought some food back for me. The service was super slow. My husband really liked the flounder he ordered and I really liked my buffalo shrimp wrap. I chose this from the on line menu but it's the old menu apparently but they made it for me any way and it was good. Since the service was so slow and they hardly had any customers we're thinking they won't be in business for long. We have two CCHO gift cards so we figure we should go and use them sooner rather than later so we don't just throw that money away. Mike and I went for dinner last night and it was pretty good. We share the calamari app and it was average. My cosmo was good. We each ordered the crab cakes with grilled asparagus and we both enjoyed our meal. Our waitress was very good. Super busy with lots of tables (we were happy to see how busy they were compared to the last visit at lunch time) and very pleasant and checked on us just the right amount of times - not too much and she never forgot about us. She was really good. Emily was her name, I think. Young, cute gal with a heart tatoo behind her right ear.
We'll go back to spend our last CCHO gift card and we look forward to it.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Food is average, service is average, same with the atmosphere. You can find a lot better in the area.