“Please clean the front door!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Roland's Barbeque

Roland's Barbeque
Ranked #22 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
wilson, north carolina
“Please clean the front door!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The food is good and reasonably price but the glass front door could us some serious cleaning with glass cleaner. Gives a very bad first impression.

Matthews, NC
“Great Barbecue Sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My Eastern style Barbeque sandwich was great and the fried chicken and shrimp looked delicious. I'll definitely go back and try everything else soon!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank packgirl77
Bailey, North Carolina
“Yummm!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had been sent to Roland's a few years back when we asked where was good barbecue. They have never disappointed us. This time we got an assortment of items to share and try. The mac and cheese was bland, and I was not fond of the strong flavoring in the sweet potatoes. But the fried chicken and fried clam strips melted in your mouth. The ribs were tasty and tasted home made with a tomatoey sauce that had a bay leaf taste. We are told they have days where they use the vinegar based sauce and I would have preferred that. But for the cost.. It was great. We ordered a full rack of ribs.. A full chicken.. Half fried and half BBQ, an order of fried clams, mac n cheese, potato salad, sweet potatoes and Bunswick Stew(large sized sides) and the bill came to under $60. How could you go wrong?? It fed, including drinks, four adults with plenty of left overs.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Familygal845
New Bern, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value, decent "southern blue collar" food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

OK... you need to avoid the collard greens but... Roland's does a great job with their BBQ ribs, fried seafood and BBQ sandwiches. Not much on ambiance but .... old school portions cooked well.

• Visited April 2013
“Good Food - Good Folks - Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Roland's is a great Beaufort home-cooking restaurant. Not like my home mind you, My wife is a lousy cook. In fact, after she cooks me dinner I don’t brush my teeth, I count them.

Anyway Roland's hits the spot every time with fish, soft shell crab, ribs, pork-chops, and a bevy of great sides. A great place to go when you are hungry or broke, or if my wife invites you to dinner at our house.

1 Thank UnclePen