“Yummm!!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had been sent to Roland's a few years back when we asked where was good barbecue. They have never disappointed us. This time we got an assortment of items to share and try. The mac and cheese was bland, and I was not fond of the strong flavoring in the sweet potatoes. But the fried chicken and fried clam strips melted in your mouth. The ribs were tasty and tasted home made with a tomatoey sauce that had a bay leaf taste. We are told they have days where they use the vinegar based sauce and I would have preferred that. But for the cost.. It was great. We ordered a full rack of ribs.. A full chicken.. Half fried and half BBQ, an order of fried clams, mac n cheese, potato salad, sweet potatoes and Bunswick Stew(large sized sides) and the bill came to under $60. How could you go wrong?? It fed, including drinks, four adults with plenty of left overs.

1  Thank Familygal845

Reviewed May 7, 2013

OK... you need to avoid the collard greens but... Roland's does a great job with their BBQ ribs, fried seafood and BBQ sandwiches. Not much on ambiance but .... old school portions cooked well.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Roland's is a great Beaufort home-cooking restaurant. Not like my home mind you, My wife is a lousy cook. In fact, after she cooks me dinner I don’t brush my teeth, I count them.

Anyway Roland's hits the spot every time with fish, soft shell crab, ribs, pork-chops, and a bevy of great sides. A great place to go when you are hungry or broke, or if my wife invites you to dinner at our house.

1  Thank UnclePen
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I can't say anything good except that the people that served the food were nice (think super small K & W Style) and the food "looked" good as they were putting it into the takeout boxes for me. The chicken and the barbeque were both incredibly dry. The barbeque sauce tasted like straight up ketchup mixed with vinegar and had no spice to it what so ever. I was disappointed because I have just moved to the area and this place would have been easily accessible for take out. Being a Southerner, I know barbeque and this was possibly the most bland pig I have ever tasted. I may try again since everyone can have a bad day but when both of their main entress were bad, I don't have high hopes. I had to throw their food away the first time I bought it. It truly tasted like three day old warmed up cafeteria food.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Good bbq pork platter and fried chicken. Too bad they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. This is a must stop to try out. Good cole slaw & hushpuppies.

1  Thank MikeNaomi