“best barbecue in the Crystal Coast”
Review of Roland's Barbeque

Roland's Barbeque
Ranked #21 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City
“best barbecue in the Crystal Coast”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I grew up in NC, eating pulled pork BBQ and I am very partial to it. I don't like barbecue sauce, don't eat ribs, but I love pulled pork. Now that I live several hours away by plane, when I am back in NC annually, I make a point to try new places and eat in ones I enjoy. Roland's has been satisfying my palate for years now, so much that when my father turned 80 recently and we had a big dinner picnic for friends and family, I turned to Roland's for the catering. Couldn't beat that either. If I could figure out how to do it, I'd be importing their pulled pork to NYC! Don't miss it if you're on the Crystal Coast; it's worth any detour!!

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank alawrencenyc

Morehead City, NC
“5 stars for a reason”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We are locals and we just love this place. I could seriously eat here every night but I would have an "overweight" issue if I did. Anyhow it was a party of four of us....three of us got seafood and one got country fried steak with gravy. Personally my fave is the fried shrimp plate with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans. The hushpuppies just melted in your mouth. We had to have dessert it was my father's bday so we had the banana pudding...it was amazing!!!! It was awesome as always and must try if your in the area!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Savannah711
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We were vacationing in Atlantic Beach and discovered this place when they catered the dinner at the resort we were staying out. After tasting their wonderful barbecue, we decided to check out their location for dinner and WOW!! was it ever wonderful! It is not a "typical" tourist trap. The food was excellent - we had seafood and fried chicken. The prices were very affordable for our family of 5. They have many side items to choose from.,..we loved the collards and corn. The banana pudding and apple cobbler are delicious deserts. We went back two more times before returning home (and even took some barbecue with us).The owner is funny - very "down to earth". We will definitely return. Don't miss it if you are in the area! It is not fancy - very casual setting. By the way - make sure you go to the correct location - their old location looks closed (but the sign is still up).

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Jenny B
Morehead City, NC
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This food is the real deal....down to the BBQ, seafood, & fried chicken. Not only do they have the country main dishes...they have the country sides....mac & cheese, hushpuppies greens beans, collards, corn, brunswick stew, and mashed potatoes & gravy. Not to mention banana pudding my father always gets for dessert. The atmosphere & people are amazing and this place is a must try. The price of the food is well worth every penny!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Savannah711
North Carolina
“Good Eastern NC Barbecue”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

If your hankering is for BBQ or fried chicken, Roland's is a good place to go. My preference is the carryout but inside dining is also available. It is not a fancy location or facility but the food is worth a stop.

Visited September 2011