“Actually Better than the Website Depicts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Langdon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Over the past 18 months I have stayed at probably 15 different B&B's in N.C. This one was actually better than the owner's web page.
I have to work when I travel so I carry probably 6 different charges. I know. We all work too much. But in the room I had, there were eight (8) double wall plugs. For a 300+ year old house this was a pleasant surprise. In the room we had, the bathtub was the largest I have ever seen in any B&B or hotel.
The Veranda upstairs or the porch downstairs affords you time to just relax. Squirrels, flowers, birds, etc. You do NOT want to drive your car around downtown Beaufort as parking spaces are all taken by 10:00 a.m.
This property is very close to downtown. Less than half a block. A big plus. (go to the Maritime Museum and the boat works across the street. Great and the price is right. FREE ask if you can go upstairs to the widows watch and see a great view.)
The Inn Keeper is a widow and as nice as can be.
I know the webpage does not have a check online for vacancies. and it is a pain to email, but a small price to pay. I told her she can still have people call, but let people just scan the availability on their own.

For a 300 year old home, it was in remarkably good condition. Prices were competitive. In season you will pay 15-20% more for a weekend vs. a weekday like every other B&B.

A very nice place to stay.
Oh. There were two downstairs rooms. A nice change if you carry a lot of luggage or played too many sports and have beat up knees.

Room Tip: We had the upstairs large suite, but we looked at all of them. the smaller ones were very nice also...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler0013
There are newer reviews for Langdon House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 2 lovely nights here and couldn't have been happier. Lizzet was a wonderful host and breakfast was delicious! The room was spacious and well appointed. We especially enjoyed our time sitting out on the balcony.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband & I celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary this week. Neither of us had ever stayed in a B&B...and I was ok with that. Imagine my surprise when we pulled up at the Langdon House for an overnight stay! We received a warm greeting by Lizzet, the proprietor & she gave us a tour of this beautiful home. When she showed us to our room, I could not have been more proud of my husband!! We stayed in the upstairs Master suite. To say it was gorgeous would be an understatement. Lizzet was very helpful with suggestions for dinner. She made sure we had everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent. She paid attention to our specific requests. I would love to say that it was simply being able to get away & come to a beautiful home, without the everyday distractions of a television that made this trip memorable, but it was much more. Having a person who is so funny & welcoming, sets this B&B apart from any where else. We can't wait to go back to this amazing retreat. Thank you Lizzet for helping to make our anniversary special!!

Room Tip: Upstairs master suite is gorgeous. All rooms have their own personal thermostat. This room has a H...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CCTRN
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I do a LOT of traveling....we love the atmosphere of Bed and Breakfast across the country and this place rates as one of our favorites. Lizzet is a wonderful person who truly goes the extra mile with her personal touch. After staying only two nights, we feel like part of the family and look forward to our next visit so we can catch up!

This older home has a lot of charm and character and one of the oldest properties we have stayed. It's been well maintained, plenty of hot water, shower pressure is great, the bed was comfortable, room very quiet.....food was delicious and Lizzet was awesome.

We will see you soon!

Brad and Heather

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingGuy292
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am one of those people who actually have a personality and sense of humor, and I enjoy very much when I meet people of same. Lizzet is definitely one of those people as well. Not only is she a truly unique personality, but so is the house. Wow, and it is still in fine shape after almost 300 years. We stayed in the new guest room, next to the office on the 2nd floor. Less than a block from Front Street and any one of a dozen or so restaurants. Thanks Lizzet, my wife Amy and I had a great stay!

Room Tip: Saw the master suite. Take it if you can get it! Nice nice bathroom!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here on Sept.9/13 for just one night (unfortunately). The b&b is a beautiful old house with plenty of character. The room we had was very comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic! What really makes this b&b extra special is the proprietor, Lizzet. She was simply one of the most friendly, welcoming and nicest persons we have ever met. We had a wonderful conversation over breakfast and after breakfast about travel, hobbies, home renos, you name it. Very enjoyable.
The location is close to what I'll call the waterfront where there are shops, restaurants, and the very interesting maritime museum. The neighbourhood also makes for a pleasant stroll in the evening as it's filled with majestic old houses just like Langdon house.
We hope to come back some time in the future.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was not a pleasant experience. . .the proprietor was not welcoming and we felt we were intruding on her privacy; the rooms are very basic -- no TV or WiFi (though there is WiFi in the dining room); there was an old bottle of Ivory liquid soap in the shower; the book of menus was dated 2005/06 and she didn't have pleasant comments except for one restaurant which we did not care for. Breakfast is available but it's an extra cost. We had a fabulous dinner at the Cedar Inn and might stay there next time. The positives: central location and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HappyTravellerNC
half-blood, Owner at Langdon House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Happy Traveler NC. I am so happy to have this public forum to respond to you directly about your stay and the feelings you left with. Never, ever, do I want anyone to have anything less than a perfect, happy-memorable stay at my home. I wish you had expressed yourself while you were here, as it would have afforded me an immediate (and fair) opportunity to do what I do best: make guests comfortable.
Although your one night stay was too short time to live the Bed and Breakfast experience; I remind you that when you made your reservation I talked with you about the breakfast choices and you decided not to have breakfast the following morning. The rate difference is tiny (only $10 Difference) for a delicious breakfast (and $20 for our Specialty!). The coffee only option you selected is an option for people having to take the early Ferry or just no time to eat.
I remember the special attention I put to our conversation on the morning of your departure, while you where enjoying your coffee and pastries. I asked about your dinner experience at the new restaurant in town. Do you recall this? Upon your arrival I showed you my 2005 scrap book so you could see how the restaurants look like, we looked over the updated menu book and gave you the links to browse all the menus.... and you said you didn’t like their offers at all....
This is a beautiful, old house (c 1733) with certain modern commodities; individual thermostats in the room, private bathrooms and a shower, with homey-touches like hangers to dry your swim suits (the reason to have a bottle of liquid Ivory soap so you can wash it so it does not go sour), Coastal Breeze toiletries, Oil of Olay facial treatment, hair dryer a mini fridge (to chill a bottle of wine or bring your own snacks) and clock alarm radio and Spa sounds...All of this is there for your private use, home-away from home.
You may recall, I advertise in the website and make it clear upon reservation that that particular room where you stayed does not have Wi-Fi reception because of the thickness of these amazing original walls. One of the reasons I don't take online reservations is that I need the opportunity to explain what I have to offer and I like making the connection over the phone with a potential guest to find if this is the right Bed and Breakfast or not.
Summarizing, I am proud of and joyful in providing a total relaxation Bed and Breakfast, very clean as you mentioned and away from TVs and any other noises that may disturb the sleep of people that are specifically looking for just that!
Basic? Hardly! Relaxation? Priceless! This is one of the reasons why I have such a loyal, returning clientele-family and pleased new guests.
I love giving my guests the opportunity to find me if they need me at anytime. To enhance that feeling of security and inclusion - I am here 24/7 available for guests, which of course is not standard in every B&B.
You felt you were "Intruding on me"? is something that I cannot even imagine, been an innkeeper is what I live and breathe doing. It would have been kind of you, and better for us both, had you let me know specifically, while you were here, and we would have cleared it up immediately.
As it is, I thank you for the wonderful opportunity to clarify my response to your review and I do hope when next you visit Beaufort you can find all what you expected and more!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Langdon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!