“Very basic lodging”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Langdon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Beaufort B&B and Inns
San Diego, CA
“Very basic lodging”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was not a pleasant experience. . .the proprietor was not welcoming and we felt we were intruding on her privacy; the rooms are very basic -- no TV or WiFi (though there is WiFi in the dining room); there was an old bottle of Ivory liquid soap in the shower; the book of menus was dated 2005/06 and she didn't have pleasant comments except for one restaurant which we did not care for. Breakfast is available but it's an extra cost. We had a fabulous dinner at the Cedar Inn and might stay there next time. The positives: central location and very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HappyTravellerNC
half-blood, Owner at Langdon House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Happy Traveler NC. I am so happy to have this public forum to respond to you directly about your stay and the feelings you left with. Never, ever, do I want anyone to have anything less than a perfect, happy-memorable stay at my home. I wish you had expressed yourself while you were here, as it would have afforded me an immediate (and fair) opportunity to do what I do best: make guests comfortable.
Although your one night stay was too short time to live the Bed and Breakfast experience; I remind you that when you made your reservation I talked with you about the breakfast choices and you decided not to have breakfast the following morning. The rate difference is tiny (only $10 Difference) for a delicious breakfast (and $20 for our Specialty!). The coffee only option you selected is an option for people having to take the early Ferry or just no time to eat.
I remember the special attention I put to our conversation on the morning of your departure, while you where enjoying your coffee and pastries. I asked about your dinner experience at the new restaurant in town. Do you recall this? Upon your arrival I showed you my 2005 scrap book so you could see how the restaurants look like, we looked over the updated menu book and gave you the links to browse all the menus.... and you said you didn’t like their offers at all....
This is a beautiful, old house (c 1733) with certain modern commodities; individual thermostats in the room, private bathrooms and a shower, with homey-touches like hangers to dry your swim suits (the reason to have a bottle of liquid Ivory soap so you can wash it so it does not go sour), Coastal Breeze toiletries, Oil of Olay facial treatment, hair dryer a mini fridge (to chill a bottle of wine or bring your own snacks) and clock alarm radio and Spa sounds...All of this is there for your private use, home-away from home.
You may recall, I advertise in the website and make it clear upon reservation that that particular room where you stayed does not have Wi-Fi reception because of the thickness of these amazing original walls. One of the reasons I don't take online reservations is that I need the opportunity to explain what I have to offer and I like making the connection over the phone with a potential guest to find if this is the right Bed and Breakfast or not.
Summarizing, I am proud of and joyful in providing a total relaxation Bed and Breakfast, very clean as you mentioned and away from TVs and any other noises that may disturb the sleep of people that are specifically looking for just that!
Basic? Hardly! Relaxation? Priceless! This is one of the reasons why I have such a loyal, returning clientele-family and pleased new guests.
I love giving my guests the opportunity to find me if they need me at anytime. To enhance that feeling of security and inclusion - I am here 24/7 available for guests, which of course is not standard in every B&B.
You felt you were "Intruding on me"? is something that I cannot even imagine, been an innkeeper is what I live and breathe doing. It would have been kind of you, and better for us both, had you let me know specifically, while you were here, and we would have cleared it up immediately.
As it is, I thank you for the wonderful opportunity to clarify my response to your review and I do hope when next you visit Beaufort you can find all what you expected and more!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked only one night on Monday, August 5th as we were on a long weekend and had stayed 2 nights in Ocracoke. Lizzet was very nice to work with and I selected this place based on the rave reviews about her on tripadvisor. We had the front room which actually worked out nicely for us. We could sit out on the porch late and not disturb the other guests. We did enjoy the porch and our visit with Lizzet and her dog Karly. We slept well and enjoyed a nice traditional breakfast the next morning. Lizzet was very accommodating and allowed us to keep our room key while we toured the Old Burying Grounds just in case we needed the restroom before our departure. The location of the B & B was perfect as it was close to Front Street- a short walk to anywhere actually. I would definitely recommend this place and hope to return again someday for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TennesseeLucy
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We cannot say enough about Lizzet, the Langdon House, and Beaufort. My wife and I stayed here for her birthday and we picked it kind of at random, and boy did we get blessed. Lizzet greeted and immediately welcomed us into her home and made sure we knew that once here, its your home too. We felt very welcomed. Her breakfast could be served in any fine restaurant and we savored every bite (come hungry you will not leave that way!). We always had fresh fruit before our meal, and then Lizzet served something absolutely delicious each time. Try the poached eggs on toast with asparagus. You won't be disappointed! Her hospitality is a reflection of her servant heart and her joy of people, as she tells you about Beaufort and some funny stories from the home's past. We have a friend now in Beaufort.
The house itself is very spacious and accommodating, and is decorated with antiques that fit the house perfectly. It's truly a beautiful home. The rooms were very clean and inviting, and offered a quiet place to forget where you came from for a little while and just relax. Even though the house was full while we were there, it felt like we had the place to ourselves. The porches had rocking chairs, candles, and plenty of fresh sea air to clear your head. We always looked forward to coming back "home" at the end of a fun filled day.
The town of Beaufort and the Langdon House may be the best kept secret in North Carolina. We are already planning a return visit, and The Langdon House is the central part of why. You will not regret coming to Beaufort and staying at the Langdon House, we promise!

2 Thank Joe-Rebekah
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was a last minute trip that we made and we relied on Trip Advisor to choose The Langdon House in Beaufort NC. Lizzet did a nice job of making us feel welcome right off the bat and the inn was clean and comfortable. She deserves the great recommendations she has been getting. It's a special place and you won't be disappointed; we certainly weren't and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

1 Thank Babe1632
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights over the weekend of the marlin tournament. I love Beaufort and grew up visiting the town for many years but it was nice to actually stay in Beaufort for a couple of nights. We walked around and looked at the other b and b's and Langdon has the best location by far. Lizette was a great hostess as well- we did the traditional breakfast and it was more than enough food. Comfortable bed and cute bathroom (the house is older so the shower was small but nothing to deter us from recommending it!) Loved the porch and our stay- I'm sure we will be back!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aasiegel
Tabor City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a down-home comfortable feel. The food and presentation was wonderful. Location is perfect for getting around on foot, day and night. Definitely a place to keep coming back too.

1 Thank DeJul
Vanceboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I highly recommend this B&B if you want to stay close to the waterfront.. only a couple of blocks away from Front St. Food Is excellent and served with a special touch. The butter is served in a small shell on your plate. Fruit was fresh, ripe and delicious. Lizzet is a special lady and will make your stay comfortable. She gives pointers on the area and is happy to help. Slept well with a nice cool & quiet room near the back of the house. I worried that if I fell asleep too early I would be awakened by other guests coming in...but not the case. She tells everyone to respect the guests trying to sleep (early at night or late in the morning). No TV but I like having that change of pace with a chance to read before bed and time to relax with my thoughts in the morning drinking my coffee. Everyone eats at a table together in the dining area which makes a great chance to meet the other guests. Very special inn with a sweet inn keeper. Thanks Lizzet for making my mini me vacation wonderful..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Carol A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Langdon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!