“LANGDON HOUSE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Langdon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Buffalo, New York
“LANGDON HOUSE”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were most impressed by the owner of the LANGDON HOUSE , LIZZET, from the mement
we walked through the door. LIZZET was welcoming.She was able to help with little thingsS such as recommending that we make reservations for dinner for the duration of our stay and providing us with a beach bag with towles lotion and a bag for collecting sea shells.
We noticed her sanitary grade food service was a PERFECT 100%. Some of the local Rresterants did not have a 100%. We can't wait to return.
DG

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank d o

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Everything just came together so perfectly at Langdon House. New friends and connections and experiences have made our stay here so special and looking forward to reuniting again. The new addition room seemed to have been waiting for my boyfriend and I, and especially for a last minute booking over the Memorial Day weekend. There is so much love and care and generosity in this sweet southern charm of a place, many thanks to Lizzet, the innkeeper, for her gracious hospitality and spirit. Best wishes Lizzet! We look forward to our stars crossing again! Much love... xx

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank lkc0717
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hubby and I made last-minute reservations at the Langdon house bed-and-breakfast for a long overdue and much needed getaway. Even though we arrived very late in the evening the innkeeper was friendly and gracious and welcomed us with lots of information and a well appointed room.

We stayed in the master bedroom upstairs which features a lovely balcony with rocking chairs and a hammock! The queen sized bed was very comfortable and they were fresh flowers in the room. The bathroom was huge! We took full advantage of the boat size jetted tub.

The only odd thing was taking a shower with no curtain or glass, she explained they were saving money for that very expensive feature.

We had the standard breakfast that was more than enough to keep us going for a good long morning of activity. We started off with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt and granola, then ate homemade biscuits. Both mornings we had scrambled eggs and some kind of potato. One morning it was hashbrowns the next it was spicy potatoes. The first morning it was sausage and the next she served ham. Both were delicious.

The inn provided us with a beach bag for our excursion containing Sunscreen, towels, and bags for collecting shells. That was a lovely touch. It sounded like she had a kayak available for guests as well. I might be wrong about that so double check.

All in all a delightful stay. Just the kind of rest and relaxation we were looking for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lyric k
Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Langdon House B&B is dear to my heart for several reasons. My Fiance surprised me with a trip there during the Beaufort Pirate Invasion. Lizette was amazing!!! We got engaged during our stay and she made it even more special! The food was fabulous and our room, spacious tub and private porch were perfect. I enjoyed one of her jazz cd's and told her so....she then made me a copy and sent it to me! I highly recommend Langdon House to anyone who wants the comfort and hospitality you expect in a B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shelby P
Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was closing up some personal business in Virginia and decided to head to the shore for a day before heading back to NY. I was extremely fortunate to find the Langdon House B&B online. Lizzet welcomed me as soon as I arrived and I immediately started to feel at home and unwind. My room was beautiful and comfortable. I love the B&B experience as a whole. I like the surprises each inn has to offer, and this inn met all my expectations, including quaint charm and peaceful surroundings - from the quiet front porch; the yummy and generous breakfast; the opportunity to borrow a bike and helmet to explore the waterfront; very short walk to the waterfront and the ferry to the beach; backpack provided with towels and sunscreen for the beach; warm and truly genuine innkeeper and owner. That's the biggest takeaway from my experience at Langdon House. Lizzet is one of those people I feel is a gift. She always seemed to sense when I wanted to just veg on the porch or if I felt like chatting. I stayed longer than I originally planned and would have stayed the whole week if I didn't have to get back to reality. I would definitely go back to Beaufort (I was traveling alone and felt very safe walking around town alone in the evening), and without hesitation would stay at this B&B. Ellen C.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front room and really liked it...it was very sunny and bright, however If you like t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ellen C
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Langdon House for our 2nd wedding anniversary and it was the perfect getaway. The house itself is a real treasure (circa 1730s) retaining the beautiful character of an American Colonial historic home, but what makes this B&B so special is that it feels like a home away from home where you can easily relax, chat with some nice folks if you are feeling social or sneak away on your own to have a cozy "porch picnic". We stayed in the Master Guest Room upstairs and it was a most comfortable abode. The bathroom is a nice size and is very open with great natural light. It has a two-person whirlpool tub with all the bells & whistles (including the nifty feature to fill the tub from the ceiling). The beds were comfy and we both slept well both nights of our stay. Access to the upstairs porch is a definite plus to booking this particular room as well. On the upstairs porch you have a bit more privacy - perfect for popping open a bottle of wine like we did - and a great birds-eye view of what's going on around the neighborhood. There are lots of rocking chairs and a large hammock up there as well.
In a nutshell, if you are looking for a fast-paced cosmopolitan vacay, Beaufort is not the place for you. However if you are looking for a relaxing place with an interesting history... the Langdon House really can't be beat. Everything moves a little slower around Beaufort, but in a great way that adds to the charm of this little town. I think that the Langdon House is a pretty accurate reflection of that charm... there may not be a TV in your room (there is Wifi though!), but there is so much to get out and do in the area that I don't think that not having a TV detracts from the overall experience one bit. It is a great place to unwind or "unplug", spend the daylight hours outdoors exploring the area and using the B&B as a comfy home-base to retire to in the evenings. Beaufort is incredibly walker/cyclist friendly and everything of interest is easy to reach from the B&B. It is an easy one block stroll to the waterfront "Main Street" with a decent amount of restaurants, wine bars, shops, an independent grocer and a coffee shop. Directly across the street from the B&B is the Old Burying ground, a historic gem in its own right.
Lizzet is a lovely host (and a great cook) and it is obvious that she goes to great lengths to make people feel welcome and accommodate every guest's wishes within reason. She is very friendly & approachable and is eager to share her wealth of knowledge of the areas sites, restaurants & activities. The true character of a B&B lies with the host and their ability to genuinely welcome strangers into their home, treat them like old friends and give them leave with the hope that they will want to return again someday... and I truly feel that Lizzet & the Langdon House does just that. I look forward to staying there again in the future someday for a repeat of our perfect getaway and to see our "old friend" Lizzet again!

Room Tip: We loved the Master Guest Room and the upstairs porch was an awesome place to hang out!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I flew into Raleigh NC to visit my friend for the long weekend. She decided to go to a B&B, which normally is not my first choice - but the Langdon House was so much more than a hotel weekend away. Lizzie is the owner, and she made us so cozy and welcome, it was like we were part of her family, like we were locals.
Beaufort was beautiful - and the LH is one of the historic, old beautiful homes with double full porches upstairs and down. We spent so much time rocking and drinking our wine - which Lizzie had perfectly chilled for us.
The bed was very comfortable - I wasn't sure it would be as comfortable as it was because everything else in the entire house were antiques, lending an exotic ancient air to everything. The hard wood floors reminded me of turn of the century!
The food was the best part: Lizzie has two different breakfasts to offer, and we indulged in them both while there: especially the Mexican Deluxe breakfast!! had that one twice!! And it made me LOVE B&Bs.
Friendly. Extra Clean. Perfectly Quiet. Cozy - It will definitely be my home along the Crystal Coast, my new favorite place to visit and hang out. A huge surprise.

Room Tip: Stay in the Master Suite Upstairs! We didn't reserve it- but it is magnificent, especially for l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Langdon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!