“Serenity and special attention”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Langdon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Greenville, NC
“Serenity and special attention”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A wonderful house in a wonderful town. My first stay was in 1984 and I have returned many times on business trips. The owners have always been very accommodating and have even sought special food for my required diet. The ambiance is serene and intimate and I especially enjoy the beautiful antiques and furnishings. There is an upstairs porch as well as one at ground level where one can enjoy a drink and interact with other guests or, just enjoy the surroundings. The rooms are clean, quiet and, the master suite with the jacuzzi is very special. Lizzet Prest is a world class innkeeper and chef. I never pass up a chance to stay at the Langdon House and will continue to recommend it to business associates and friends alike.

Room Tip: Ask for the Master suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank C B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Langdon House, this time I chose the Master Suite with a private veranda and a whirpool for 2 that fills up from the ceiling. The atmosphere is inviting for romance (I am celebrating my first anniversary) and cannot ask for more. The house dates back to the 1700 and there are plenty of floor and wall lamps so it is illuminated and does not disrupt the federal colonial decor. I had the Hallmark Breakfast yesterday (what a feast) Belgium Orange-Pecan Waffles served with real warm maple syrup. My wife wants Mexican Breakfast tomorrow and we can't wait. Langdon House has different rates for the rooms, so if you want a little more, pay for it you won't regret a bit. Above all we have personal attention by the owner, great choices for rooms and breakfast and WiFi access unlimited!
Did I mention the rates? This weekend you pay 2 and get 3!
Amazing! I am glad I came back. Beaufort is Romantic and Relaxing. Just what we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for specials during the Fall Season.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frank M
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Langdon House is located close to the historic district of Beaufort. You can easily walk to anywhere in the main shopping area. We stayed during a boat building event and found the town ongoings to be quite interesting.
The Inn itself is nothing special, not bad, but not outstanding. The space was not dirty that we could see, but considering how dark the house is, it was really hard to tell. Our room was very small and dark. The bathroom was tiny. There were two holes in the ceiling directly over the bed which was a little disconcerting. Breakfast was ok.
Although I would not recommend Langdon House to my friends, I would stay there again if there was no where else to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank onemtnlvr
Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, UK
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We hadn't booked this accommodation until we were already en-route to Beaufort. Thankfully the owner held the room until we arrived, even though we hadn't paid a deposit and she could have sold it to someone else!

This is a beautiful home with a wonderful owner, perfectly located to everything in the town. We sat on the porch with wine and watched the world go by! Breaktfast was a real treat and once again with the local knowledge of the owner we had a wonderful stay.

Beaufort is a small but lovely town - if i lived closer and was nearing retirement then I would go and live there in a flash. The buildings, location and town as a whole are peaceful and well worth a visit.

This may seem strange, but the local graveyard is a fascinating snap shot of american history.

I would love to return to both Langdon house and Beaufort - thank you x

As I have said before, you do pay top dollar for american B&B's - but you get your own little 5* hotel for your money

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BrittlePeanut
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I found this b&b by using the "Siri" option on iPhone asking for the "best play to stay in Beaufort"...up popped Langdon House first. Well, Siri didn't fail me in the slightest! Cozy, well-appointed, and centrally located in the Beaufort historic district, the Langdon House was an ideal layover. The hostess/owner, Lisette, couldn't have been more accommodating or kind, even though I had contacted her on short notice. The furnishings were ample and comfortable, and the period setting was perfect. Simply put, I didn't lack for a thing. The waterfront and most dinner venues are within a few blocks walk. Perfect for couples or singles staying over. I think it might be a bit cramped for large families, unless they book two rooms. The breakfast was outstanding - I even took a picture of it to send to my wife for presentation ideas. I will definitely stay here again when I am fortunate enough to visit Beaufort again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank patrick654012
Conyers, Ga
Reviewed June 30, 2012

As a travel agent of 35 years (owning the agency) I was extremely pleased to find Trip Advisor's comments to be "on the money" when my husband and I recently stayed at Langdon House. It was "clean as a pin", a very important consideration for me. The location was absolutely perfect for discovering the little shops and wonderful restaurants in Beaufort, and the breakfast was the best I ever had at a B&B. It was freshly prepared, and MORE than ample. In fact, when I saw the size brought to fellow travellers, I asked for a half-portion. It was still more that I could consume. The gardens around the house are absolutely beautiful, and to sit on the front porch in the rocking chairs while admiring the flowers brings a tranquility seldom experienced in today's busy world. Lizette's friendly hospitality was warm and inviting, as you would expect in such a well-run establishment. She even met us in the garden upon our departure to wish us well on our continued journey. I am pleased to recommend Landgon House. P.S. No one knew I was a travel agent, and I paid like everyone else!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jimi844
Marshall, TX
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We chose this b&b based on other reviews and itslocation. Once we parked the car, we walked everywhere. The town is small!

Our hostess was so pleasant and helpful, she's a great cook too. Our room was on the first floor. We enjoyed sitting outside on the porch both evenings and each morning. The room was very clean and comfortable with a small ensuite shower. The sink was just outside the bathroom door in our room. There was also a small fridge in our room.

We enjoyed walking downtown each evening to eat and alongside the harbor.

Though there bikes available at the Langdon House, we never used them.

You should know that this house is one of the oldest in Beaufort. Though well loved and cared for, it has creaking floors and you can hear people in the hallway and coming and going. This would not keep us from passing another night there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nittie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Langdon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!