“Intimate....but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Restaurant

Aqua Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Our menu is created to bring you the freshest seasonal items available presented with a creative touch. Aqua’s small plates offer you an exciting array of tastes in ‘just right” portions ideal for passing around the table or enjoying two or three as a full meal. Aqua’s Big Plates feature "North Carolina seafood served stylishly" with the freshest local seafood and Choice Beef Filet, as well as local produce when it’s seasonally available. Aqua prides itself on offering fresh, local products and supporting our local fisherman and farmers.
North Carolina
“Intimate....but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our return visit to see what it was all about. Considered tapas and apps, but the menu was a little too eccentric for our taste, so opted for dessert instead. Bananas Foster table side-- good presentation, way too much ice cream (most of it went to waste), and the bananas were raw. It would have been nice if they were pan cooked first before. They do daily specials and daily wine specials, so you might be able to find something that suits your taste. Interior is nice and ambience okay; music was a bit annoying the night we were there, kind of like Lillith Fair concert soundtrack. One thing I was really put off about was the service for such a swanky place. I found it very interesting that every table I saw including ours had dishes that were empty and still sitting (and it was not busy). In fact our server walked past our table numerous times, dropped the check, picked up the check and still didn't clear dishes. That needs some work.

Morehead City
“The duck is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Lesa was our server, and she was awesome! She suggested the duck and how she likes it cooked, and it turned out wonderful! The skin was crispy and the meat was succulent. Lesa also brought us some bacon cranberry jam that was delicious. They did not have sweet tea, (I know, I should have ordered wine) but Lesa said she could go to their sister restaurant and get me some - how nice was that?! But I just ordered ginger ale. I will return.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Another fantastic visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We made our annual visit to Beaufort for the Christmas flotilla and one again visited the Aqua Restaurant for Friday night dinner. It was wonderful and I think it is made special by the staff. It is such a happy place. The hostess was so welcoming and our waitress was helpful in her suggestions of sharing a large dinner plate and salad so we would have room for dessert. Everything was so good - the collard greens were outstanding! We had dinner the following night at the Blue Moon Bistro and the food was probably equally as good but we didn't leave with the same feeling of being in a restaurant that was truly a fun place with outstanding food. We will definitely return.

Penn Yan, New York, United States
“Wow! Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to the Crystal Coast for years now and we are always on the lookout for a great restaurant. We have had many good meals over the years but the search for something truly wonderful has eluded us. Until now! This was BY FAR the most incredible meal we have had in all the years we have been coming here. We were out to celebrate our anniversary. We were greeted very kindly by the hostess and then our server Kelly (who was incredible!!) came and told us about the specials and the wines. We were drawn by the excellent wine list and the unique menu. The most impressive thing about the wine list was that it was very balanced and fairly eclectic and yet most of the wines were reasonably priced. It was not top heavy with cost. AND it being Friday all wines by the bottle were 33% off! We had a very yummy Red Zin from Paso Robles which just happens to be my favorite place for reds! I started with the ravioli and the earthy quality of the veal sauce and mushrooms was an excellent pairing with the sweet, creamy goat cheese. My husband had the oysters and said they were delicious. He had never had one prepared quite that way and he is an oyster feind! We then had duck and the butternut squash risotto. Both were to die for. The risotto was so cheesy and creamy and very hot. It hadn't occurred to me until then; but I tend to order risotto all the time as it is a favorite of mine and it is rarely hot enough. This risotto stayed very hot and creamy the entire time I was eating it. It was a very generous serving too, especially for a small plate. The duck had a very herby, salty rub that was wonderful when paired with a buttery squash and perfectly, perfectly cooked green beans. We finished our meal with a mussel, crawfish, chorizo sauce over black linguine. The heat and spice to the dish was perfectly balanced. After we got the bill Kelly told us they had comped our half bottle of Gruet Sparkling wine as a gift for our anniversary. So, to sum up, this was one of the best memories and meals we have ever had. We were touched by their generosity and won over by the exquisite food and wine. Not only will we be going back next summer as soon as we can, we are going back tonight! I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Peebles, Ohio
“Happy atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

When we first walked in, we were wecomed with enthusiasm. There was a happy, cheerful server and the food served with attractive presentation. You could pick tapas, small plate or large plate. Everything is designed to be shared so one visit with friends allows a multitude of tastes. Beaufort is a small, waterfront town with interesting shops and a comfortable environment. We will return often.