“Manager is terrible and condescending. If you want to pay too much for absolutely terrible,garbage smelling food. Go to Aqua. If”
Review of Aqua Restaurant

Aqua Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Our menu is created to bring you the freshest seasonal items available presented with a creative touch. Aqua’s small plates offer you an exciting array of tastes in ‘just right” portions ideal for passing around the table or enjoying two or three as a full meal. Aqua’s Big Plates feature "North Carolina seafood served stylishly" with the freshest local seafood and Choice Beef Filet, as well as local produce when it’s seasonally available. Aqua prides itself on offering fresh, local products and supporting our local fisherman and farmers.
Reviewed May 20, 2011

My Sister ordered her food and it came out wrong. The manager said my sister ordered it wrong. My food took forever, they advertised 5 dollar martinis on the board and the menus but when we ordered they informed us that special no longer exists. It was a terrible experience.

3  Thank jde1004

Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stopped in on a Wednesday in mid-March during an off-season Wednesday 2fer small-plate deal and had one black pepper seared scallop (the menu implies plural) and a mini-muffin sized crab cake, both excellent and each served with a different tasty little veggie side, usually $12 each, and a couple of glasses of NZ Fortress sauvignon blanc (try it) for $26 plus tax and a tip to the blond cutie waitress young enough to be my grandniece.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

We dined here on two occasions during Valentine's weekend in 2011 and found this to be the best dining experience in Beaufort. The small plates on the menu were perfect for us along with excellent service and outstanding food prep and presentation. Small and intimate but not overly noisy. The chef is top notch. Bar mixes are straight on and ample. The service and ambiance were five star. We will definitely return when in Beaufort in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I mean really!! Get over yourself ... 25 dollars for what amounted to an appetizer. Soooo much money and soooo little food. It was so sad a portion that it was the discussion that consumed the whole meal [ all 3 minutes it took] and the evening afterward. It was so laughable that I couldn't get mad. Quite possibly my most dissapointing "meal" in the last 300 times dining out. I get hip and I get fine dining, but this place took it to a comic level. Looking around, others around us were feeling the same way. Skipped desert after being excited to try the bananas foster. Just could take another let down.

4  Thank CharlottesvilleMuse
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I believe Aqua started out as a tapas restaurant. They added "BIG PLATES" to the menu, but apparently didn't adjust the portions. The food was delicious, but for a $24 big plate, we expected more than a 3-4 oz serving of fish with no sides. When a member of our party mentioned his disappointment with the size of the dish, many apologies were made and he was brought another portion, but the other 3 of us at the table who ordered the same thing were left hungry. The good news is that we had room for dessert - and it was fabulous. I recommend both the bananas foster and the cardamom creme brulee. Their cocktails were also interesting - great variety of martinis. We were there on a Tuesday - which apparently is "Wineorama". For $10, you get a wine flight of 2 reds and 2 whites. If you like any of them, you can order bottles or cases to pick up the following week. They were all great and very reasonably priced.

Bottom line - go for the tapas and dessert and skip the "BIG PLATES".

2  Thank lovepups