“Hawk and Ivy is a simply lovely B&B that is well run with delicious breakfasts.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnardsville
Hawk and Ivy B&B Retreat
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed at the Hawk & lvy for a weekend to witness some friends who chose to have their wedding ceremony on their beautiful grounds. It is a lovely B&B that is well run and the meadow was amazing for a simple wedding. Of particular note is the delicious breakfasts provided by James and Eve who run the place as well as the delightful garden with so many wonderful flowers. After a weekend at the Hawk and Ivy I felt renewed and rested. It would be great for a romantic getaway or a weekend with friends. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hawk and Ivy B&B Retreat

Reviewed March 8, 2011

My Husband and I have stayed at the Hawk & Ivy several times and love the sweet serene setting. The grounds and gardens are beautiful and provide a great space to slow down and enjoy the solitude of nature. James and Eve are wonderful hosts and make a fabulous organic, vegetarian-friendly breakfast each morning! We have always found the accommodations cozy and comfortable. The Hawk & Ivy is a great place for those looking for an authentic, holistic retreat in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains. It is a sacred treasure I almost don't want to share!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2011

We went to the Hawk and Ivy a few years ago as a couple and had such a magical time. Ever since that visit I have wanted to return. As a Christmas gift, my husband gave us a 3 night stay at the inn. We went up in January with kids and had an amazing time. Sledding on the hill behind the garden was the highlight, as was breakfast prepared by Eve and James. I can't say enough about what a treasure the Hawk and Ivy is. James and Eve have such a gift for making you feel at home!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed at the Hawk & Ivy while visiting with family members who live nearby. It turned out to be much more than just a place to stay – it was an experience. Eve and James were wonderful hosts and made us feel at home from the start. The flowers and grounds were absolutely beautiful in spite of a prolonged dry spell. In addition to the wonderful breakfasts and memorable discussions with fellow guests that have already been noted by others, Eve and James provided us with a wealth of information about the area and its many points of interest. Eve went so far as to hand draw a map for us to highlight some of the local attractions. We fondly recall our three relaxing days at the Hawk & Ivy and look forward to our next visit to this extraordinary place.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

From the second you arrive at this lovely Bed & Breakfast, you feel like you are visiting your favorite aunt & uncle (Eve & James)
I stayed in the roomy suite with a kitchen and views of the serene meadow in back yard. The dog Nell and James walked me to my room. Eve & James make the most wonderful breakfast I've ever had (and I don't eat breakfast) Fresh eggs, homemade muffins, fresh blueberries & raspberries from their gardens the guest picked. One couple came back after 9 years with their boys to show them where they got married. 24 acres of heaven. Wonderful memories....

Reviewed September 23, 2010

Coming back to Atlanta after visiting the Hawk and Ivy made me question, was it a dream? After three days, James and Eve seem like family. The food was wonderful, the area beautiful, peaceful,...and an amazing place to get married. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

I had a wonderful long weekend in the Mountains with my hosts, James & Eve Davis,who are sweet and fun and amazing cooks. The food was fresh, seasonal, berries from the garden, edible flowers on every plate and amazing muffins and waffles! The antique furniture is glowing with care and the china cabinet full of old and beautiful dishes, Sunday I got to pick the one I wanted to use. The air is fresh and filled with bird song and the fragrance of flowers. Good conversations around the table with hosts and other guests made my solo trip a pleasure. Before I left, Eve assisted me in getting up to the garden (I walk with crutches) and pick berries to take home with me. BLISS IN THE MOUNTAINS - I shall return!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnardsville
Comfort Inn Mars Hills
Albert's Lodge at Mt. Mitchell
The Reynolds Mansion
The Reynolds Mansion
#3 of 39 in Asheville

Been to Hawk and Ivy B&B Retreat? Share your experiences!