“Serene, Magical and Beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain Light Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnardsville
Mountain Light Sanctuary
Gainesville, Florida
“Serene, Magical and Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

When you walk through the front gate something magical happens! All the hustle and bustle fade away. You feel something magical happening inside. This is a place to bring you back to your inner self. A place that reminds you what is truly important. Michael is beyond gracious. The hiking is energizing and mind opening. The sound of the stream lulls you to sleep. I have been going to Mountain Light for the past five years. I do my best to stay at least twice a year. Planning on spending my birthday in September in "Frodo's". Frodo's is right by the stream. And to top it off I'm taking my sweet dog "FRODO"! Can't wait to return! I have stayed there in the fall and in the spring. Autumn is incredible but then, so is spring.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank DebbyTT

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chillicothe, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have stayed at Mountain Light Sanctuary twice now & plan to return every year. Yes, it's rustic, but that's what we come for. We stay in the Wisteria Room in the lodge & often wake up to hummingbirds flitting around the open wall in the room. The community kitchen is fun & I always come away with a new recipe or two from other guests. We meet fascinating people from all over that we would never have the opportunity to meet in our daily lives. ML offers whatever you want, personal guidance, interesting community, privacy, or solitude & silent retreat if you like. And it's situated in what has to be one of the most beautiful mountain settings I have ever seen. Beauty & magic in every direction!

Room Tip: The beautiful rooms in the lodge itself give you access to a real bathroom at night if you need it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank CSteckel
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have had the good fortune of visiting to little piece of paradise a number of times. All I can say is, if you want to have an extraordinary experience in nature, this is the place. The accommodations are rustic, the scenery is remarkable, the host is the best. I can't say enough... Just go and see for yourself.

Room Tip: The host, Michael is an amazing man. it's the most beautiful place on earth, complete with a cr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank OneHappyFamily12in12
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I came to the Sanctuary originally for the minimum of two nights and ended up staying for about two weeks and helping out doing worktrade for Michael, the owner. This is a place to really calm down from the hustle that life can turn into and appreciate nature and the simple things that matter. I met some of the most wonderful people during my stay, learned a lot and made new friends. I brought my dog and it was a great place for the both of us to explore on the trails. I highly recommend visiting, I love it!

2 Thank Melissa R
Frankfort, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Sanctuary was a perfect getaway for me. It's tucked in the middle of the Pisgah forest with lots of hiking trails within walking or short driving distance. It's also very close to Asheville. I went for one week and could have stayed a month. This is the perfect place to reconnect with nature and your spiritual self, in a comfortable environment--and it's affordable. Lots of great company, too, or you can hide out or wear a silent tag if you want to be alone. I can't wait to go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Progressiveky
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

After driving through a torrential storm from Greensboro, this was definitely my Sanctuary. I couldn't wait to set up the treehouse and relax for the evening. I loved the creek below, and went exploring for a bit before it got too dark. I couldn't get enough! The grounds are well cared for, as well as the accommodations. Unfortunately, I packed improperly and didn't have gear for chilly evenings. Bring a light blanket, pants and sweatshirt, even in the summer months. Also, make sure to bring bright flashlight. Michael is super friendly and helpful. I was not able to have a front porch session with him, but will make time for one on my next visit. Everyone I met during my stay were so welcoming and friendly. What a tranquil, peaceful place! I'm telling everyone I know about this place... There was a group coming in for the weekend, so my stay was way too short! I want to stay in Frodo's house next time ;)

3 Thank ejkiuyhg
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Mountain Light truly is a shining light in the darkness. Upon entering the property via a winding path through the peaceful bamboo forest, you step into a wonderland of relaxation, restfulness and oneness with nature. Spend your days hiking to some of the most amazing views in the Pisgah National Forest, relaxing in a hammock or simply reading in a cozy spot in the gardens. Accommodations are rustic: some have no electricity. But rest assured you won't miss it. The lodge is nearby for cooking and charging electronic devices (or warming up with the wood stove on a chilly night). The lodge and surrounding porches has Wifi access as well.

Michael is very welcoming and immediately made me feel right at home. I highly recommend making time to enjoy a 'front porch session' with him. Whether you are coping with stressful life situations or simply want some advice on the next bit of your journey, Michael is understanding and offers a clear path forward.

Staying at the Sanctuary for only a few days left me feeling rejuvenated and healed in ways I never thought possible. The only thing I would change is to make my stay longer next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Renee S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnardsville
Skyline Village Inn
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,348 reviews
The Reynolds Mansion
The Reynolds Mansion
#2 of 38 in Asheville

Been to Mountain Light Sanctuary? Share your experiences!