“Highly Recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnardsville
Mountain Light Sanctuary
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I came to the Sanctuary originally for the minimum of two nights and ended up staying for about two weeks and helping out doing worktrade for Michael, the owner. This is a place to really calm down from the hustle that life can turn into and appreciate nature and the simple things that matter. I met some of the most wonderful people during my stay, learned a lot and made new friends. I brought my dog and it was a great place for the both of us to explore on the trails. I highly recommend visiting, I love it!

2  Thank Melissa R

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Sanctuary was a perfect getaway for me. It's tucked in the middle of the Pisgah forest with lots of hiking trails within walking or short driving distance. It's also very close to Asheville. I went for one week and could have stayed a month. This is the perfect place to reconnect with nature and your spiritual self, in a comfortable environment--and it's affordable. Lots of great company, too, or you can hide out or wear a silent tag if you want to be alone. I can't wait to go back.

3  Thank Progressiveky
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After driving through a torrential storm from Greensboro, this was definitely my Sanctuary. I couldn't wait to set up the treehouse and relax for the evening. I loved the creek below, and went exploring for a bit before it got too dark. I couldn't get enough! The grounds are well cared for, as well as the accommodations. Unfortunately, I packed improperly and didn't have gear for chilly evenings. Bring a light blanket, pants and sweatshirt, even in the summer months. Also, make sure to bring bright flashlight. Michael is super friendly and helpful. I was not able to have a front porch session with him, but will make time for one on my next visit. Everyone I met during my stay were so welcoming and friendly. What a tranquil, peaceful place! I'm telling everyone I know about this place... There was a group coming in for the weekend, so my stay was way too short! I want to stay in Frodo's house next time ;)

3  Thank ejkiuyhg
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Mountain Light truly is a shining light in the darkness. Upon entering the property via a winding path through the peaceful bamboo forest, you step into a wonderland of relaxation, restfulness and oneness with nature. Spend your days hiking to some of the most amazing views in the Pisgah National Forest, relaxing in a hammock or simply reading in a cozy spot in the gardens. Accommodations are rustic: some have no electricity. But rest assured you won't miss it. The lodge is nearby for cooking and charging electronic devices (or warming up with the wood stove on a chilly night). The lodge and surrounding porches has Wifi access as well.

Michael is very welcoming and immediately made me feel right at home. I highly recommend making time to enjoy a 'front porch session' with him. Whether you are coping with stressful life situations or simply want some advice on the next bit of your journey, Michael is understanding and offers a clear path forward.

Staying at the Sanctuary for only a few days left me feeling rejuvenated and healed in ways I never thought possible. The only thing I would change is to make my stay longer next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Renee S
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mountain Light Sanctuary is truly a gem in the rough! The atmosphere is simply serene. The owner (and everyone I met) was super friendly and helpful. Hiking trails and a waterfall are within walking distance. Views are amazing. And the local farm, organic breakfast was a delicious treat. There's no cell service which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I really enjoyed the rustic lodging and a chance to remove myself from constant EMF exposure. I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a personal retreat, yoga, meditation, silent retreat or just a chance to escape and connect with nature. I'm so glad to have found this quiet haven and plan to return for each trip to come!

Room Tip: Highly recommend choosing a lodge on the river!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After driving for 2 days from Colorado with my two dogs to spend time at the Mountain Light Sanctuary, I was more than aptly rewarded. The beauty and energy of the Sanctuary is beyond words. It's like stepping into another world, one that is gentle, organic and free of adversity. During our 22-day stay, the "Tree House" was our home. It was absolutely perfect overlooking the stream and the ancient Pisgah National Forest. I brought my own bedding and other necessities and was quite comfortable. The lodge is rustic, homey and warm with a fully equipped kitchen, café area and a library to die for! The gardens are breathtaking with details sewn in that create a feeling of magic and wonder.

Michael Lightweaver is a gift to this planet holding Her energy in the highest manner possible. Knowing my trip was a life transformational one, I felt much more comfortable having Michael there to assist me in working through issues that may arise. My hypnotherapy session with Michael was powerful and removed anxiety I was having regarding a situation I was going into after my stay there. Happily, the transition went smoothly :)

The Mountain Light Sanctuary is a magical, healing place. Any time spent there will benefit one's soul, mind and body.

Many thanks and much love Michael!!!

Janet M.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jasianna
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I'm from Chicago and my trip to Mountain Light Sanctuary was spur of the moment. Even though I was there in April and the plants weren't in bloom yet, it was still beautiful. Being a city girl in the middle of the mountains alone was very scary for me. From the moment I stepped on property and met Michael, I felt as though I belonged there. No more fears or apprehensions. I stayed down by the river which was amazing. It was loud but I found it very relaxing. Michael made a fire for us every night and was always there to talk to(highly recommend by the way). He is a very kind soul with a world of wisdom.
I spent most of the 4 days I was there either reading on the property or exploring some of the amazing nearby trails with more waterfalls than I've ever seen.
I still think about my adventure there and plan to return again sometime in the future.
If your looking for a place to regroup and/or get guidance or to just disappear from the world, I definitely recommend here.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Angelc1999

Been to Mountain Light Sanctuary? Share your experiences!