“Beautiful & Serene”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnardsville
Mountain Light Sanctuary
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beautiful & Serene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mountain Light Sanctuary is truly a gem in the rough! The atmosphere is simply serene. The owner (and everyone I met) was super friendly and helpful. Hiking trails and a waterfall are within walking distance. Views are amazing. And the local farm, organic breakfast was a delicious treat. There's no cell service which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I really enjoyed the rustic lodging and a chance to remove myself from constant EMF exposure. I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a personal retreat, yoga, meditation, silent retreat or just a chance to escape and connect with nature. I'm so glad to have found this quiet haven and plan to return for each trip to come!

Room Tip: Highly recommend choosing a lodge on the river!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clyde, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

After driving for 2 days from Colorado with my two dogs to spend time at the Mountain Light Sanctuary, I was more than aptly rewarded. The beauty and energy of the Sanctuary is beyond words. It's like stepping into another world, one that is gentle, organic and free of adversity. During our 22-day stay, the "Tree House" was our home. It was absolutely perfect overlooking the stream and the ancient Pisgah National Forest. I brought my own bedding and other necessities and was quite comfortable. The lodge is rustic, homey and warm with a fully equipped kitchen, café area and a library to die for! The gardens are breathtaking with details sewn in that create a feeling of magic and wonder.

Michael Lightweaver is a gift to this planet holding Her energy in the highest manner possible. Knowing my trip was a life transformational one, I felt much more comfortable having Michael there to assist me in working through issues that may arise. My hypnotherapy session with Michael was powerful and removed anxiety I was having regarding a situation I was going into after my stay there. Happily, the transition went smoothly :)

The Mountain Light Sanctuary is a magical, healing place. Any time spent there will benefit one's soul, mind and body.

Many thanks and much love Michael!!!

Janet M.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jasianna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I'm from Chicago and my trip to Mountain Light Sanctuary was spur of the moment. Even though I was there in April and the plants weren't in bloom yet, it was still beautiful. Being a city girl in the middle of the mountains alone was very scary for me. From the moment I stepped on property and met Michael, I felt as though I belonged there. No more fears or apprehensions. I stayed down by the river which was amazing. It was loud but I found it very relaxing. Michael made a fire for us every night and was always there to talk to(highly recommend by the way). He is a very kind soul with a world of wisdom.
I spent most of the 4 days I was there either reading on the property or exploring some of the amazing nearby trails with more waterfalls than I've ever seen.
I still think about my adventure there and plan to return again sometime in the future.
If your looking for a place to regroup and/or get guidance or to just disappear from the world, I definitely recommend here.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Angelc1999
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Mountain Light Sanctuary is situated on the edge of the Pisgah forest and provides great opportunities for hiking and exploring the mountains. There are an amazing array of wildflowers on and around the property. Accomodations are rustic, no luxuries here, but if you are okay with that it is a wonderful place to spend some time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank SophiesMom55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnardsville
Skyline Village Inn
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,532 reviews
Springmaid Mountain
Springmaid Mountain
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine

Been to Mountain Light Sanctuary? Share your experiences!