“Flying high”

Navitat Canopy Adventures - Asheville Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area's premier zipline canopy tour adventure. Called "one of the best in the nation" in USA TODAY, Navitat operates tours daily from April 1 through November 30. Designed by Bonsai Design, Inc., the leader in US canopy tour design and construction, Navitat Asheville is a 100% tree-based adventure with 10 ziplines, 2 bridges, 2 rappelling experiences and 3 short hikes. The tour is 3.5 to 4 hours long and features beautiful long-range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Explore the forest of Southern Appalachia like never before!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Marco Island, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Flying high”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time with Tyler and Ashley as our guides ... They kept our nerves under control and thought us alot about there local Eco system ... We truly had a great time and will do it again !

Visited September 2013

Roxana, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Zip-line with ease”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I took an extended vacation and visited Asheville North Carolina. I needed to plan something fun. I saw the ad for Havitat and scheduled a zip-line adventure. He loved it, I loved it. There is nothing like it. The guides put us all at ease. They were very knowledgeable about the surrounding forest. They told us the name of trees and plants that were surrounding the zip-line. Then to go on 10 zip-lines! Wow!! We never wanted it to end. 3 1/2 hours went by fast.

Charles Town, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was running late, and when I called to see what could be done, instead of saying, "sorry lady, if you're late, you're late," David gave me a play by play on whether I'd make it based on when traffic eased on my journey. (He had me call him at key points on the journey)

The guides were engaging, safety conscious, and informative, in just the right blend. Zips were long and interesting. It was a great afternoon.

An interesting side note: don't take you're phone or you might lose it. And then enjoy being in the moment instead of taking pics or posting on FB.

1 Thank lilscottiepippen
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
“Come Fly with Me”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I took a long getaway weekend to Asheville for Labor Day. We had spoken of zip lining before , but neither of us had ever experienced it. Words escape me as to how to describe the most incredible , awesome ,sky high adventure we have ever experienced. Before going any further I should tell you that this review is being written by someone who has had an acute fear of heights since he was very young. And keep in mind that at one time during the tour you are over 200 feet above the forest floor ! We were on a tour with all "first" timers and our guides Nick and Clay were excellent, they made us all feel extremely comfortable and made the entire tour "zipping" through the tree tops one that we will never forget ! We would highly recommend this zip line tour to anyone visiting the Asheville area

McKinney, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable Nature Adventure”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This beautiful property is about 20 minutes north of Asheville and well worth the scenic drive. The course currently uses about 70 acres of heavily wooded, unspoiled 200+ acre forest. Its cleverly designed to provide a range of challenges with the utmost consideration to the environment.

Upon arriving, we could tell that Navitat had an energetic and engaging staff. Our guides, Shelby and Kevin, were both very knowledgeable about our equipment, safety, the property, habitat, and the Asheville area. Shelby was very enthusiastic and an excellent teacher. Kevin was especially knowledgeable about the plant life and did a wonderful job explaining ways to minimize risk and get the most enjoyment from our experience.

While on the course, the designer and others were in midst of a quarterly maintenance and safety inspection. It was reassuring to know that they treat the safety of the course seriously. They've done an incredible job of creating and designing this experience.

All of the zips are fun and exciting in their own way. My favorite was the first long zip of 900+ft across the valley. This is the first jaw dropping view of the day, but certainly not the last.

I thought it might be a good idea to hang or place name tags or some other type of identification on the named trees throughout the course. Additionally, there might be some other games and activities that can be integrated into the course, perhaps between zips.

Overall, I can't say enough about how impressed I was with our guides, the safety precautions and the overall thoughtfulness that went into designing this incredible experience.

I will definitely be back to try their new course with a 3000+ft zip opening in April 2014.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK NAVITAT TEAM!