“Well run and lots of fun!”

Navitat Canopy Adventures - Asheville Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area's premier zipline canopy tour adventure. Called "one of the best in the nation" in USA TODAY, Navitat operates tours daily from April 1 through November 30. Designed by Bonsai Design, Inc., the leader in US canopy tour design and construction, Navitat Asheville is a 100% tree-based adventure with 10 ziplines, 2 bridges, 2 rappelling experiences and 3 short hikes. The tour is 3.5 to 4 hours long and features beautiful long-range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Explore the forest of Southern Appalachia like never before!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Newark, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Well run and lots of fun!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family of 5 decided to try a zipline adventure. A friend from Asheville recommended Navitat. After spending too long on the computer trying to pick a place Navitat looked great and we decided to follow her advice. My 15 and 18 year olds are very adventurous and had an amazing time. My 20 year old is not as adventurous but the first few lines gave him a chance to get the hang of it and he had a great time as well. Since we were on platforms in the trees, I didn't feel like I was jumping out into midair, so I was just able to relax and enjoy the ride and the scenery.
Our guides worked as fast, but carefully, as possible to move people through. They use a double lanyard system, so you are always hooked in to a safety line. But this mean that the 7 customers and 2 guides all had to have 2 lines moved from the previous line, to a safety line on the platform, then onto the next zip. They also wait until the line is clear before the next person goes. This is not an amusement park ride where everything is automated. If there is a problem at the end of the line, they can not risk another person crashing through.The guides are obviously well trained and don't take any shortcuts. All the equipment is in top shape. The guides went out of their way to celebrate my birthday and without prompting offered to call the office for a jacket when it started to rain and I realized I was wearing a white t-shirt!
The downside: There isn't a restroom once you start, so think ahead about drinking too much. Yes, you will wait on the platforms. This wasn't so bad for us, since our family was 5 of the seven customer in our group! When we were waiting for the previous group to continue our guides told us about the forest and trees, and told a few corny jokes. Chat with the others in your group from the beginning and make the whole day more fun! The price was a lot, but then I realized that horseback riding was $30/hour, which works out to about the same as Navitat. We can ride horses just about anywhere, but there are few places as beautiful as this valley to fly over!
There isn't a restroom once you start, so think ahead about drinking too much.

Ohio
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Family Fun In The Trees!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my brother and his two grown sons to Navitat for their first zip-lining experience. There was at least some nervousness in their ranks as they are NOT from a mountainous area. But the easy-going nature of the guides and obvious equipment quality quickly made everyone feel comfortable. Plus the guides do a great job of starting easy before ramping up to the longer and faster runs. Throw in a few easy rappels and the three+ hour time at Navitat flew by and everyone had a blast! The fact that the last few runs were made during some fairly heavy rain just added to the adventure. We already have a return trip scheduled in three weeks. If you want to zip-line...this is the place to do it!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome adventure, a don't miss!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

What a fabulous day we all experienced in the gorgeous tree canopies of the Blue Ridge Mountains! We were very excited and maybe even a little apprehensive zipping over the trees and valleys at 205 feet, but our awesome and knowledgable guides Joe and Regina were the best!!! They made us feel so safe, taught us so much, and really added to the entire incredible experience. We loved every minute and felt like we couldn't have been with two more trustworthy and entertaining guides. This adventure is well worth the money and the drive. It's a must do in the local area and surrounding areas. Don't miss this! We had our ten year old and our thirteen year old daughters with my fifty year old husband and myself and it was such a memorable family experience. Get there and get zipping, enjoy!!! We came, we saw, and we zipped!

Christiansburg, Virginia
“WOW!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Myself, my wife, my son & his girlfriend experienced zipping for the first time. But I don't feel that it will be the last! The experience was INCREDIBLE! Everything was well planned ahead of time. Our guides were Will and Zack & they were top notch. They were very knowledgable about the history, forestry, (I am a pharmacist, but didn't say so) and they were right on target with their knowledge of the herbs. They were excellent trainers & constantly concerned that we were doing OK! They even told the jokes (that I'm sure had been told repeatedly) very well. I think that the reason that they are so good is that they love their jobs--why not--it's a BLAST! Our family is excited about the new line that is being built. I think we will stay in touch & be back when it is ready-maybe sooner. Thanks to all (especially Will & Zack!)

Worthington, Ohio
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Fabulous Zip in the Mountains!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a first class operation. If you are visiting in the busy summer months make sure to make your reservations well in advance to get the exact time and date that you want. This is a wonderful experience for both first timers or experienced zipliners. Our guides Joe and Ashley were well versed, helpful and entertaining. The mountains in this part of the country are extraordinary and to be able to zipline through them is an amazing experience. Even if you have a fear of heights you will feel secure and the guides are unbelievable in their positive encouragement to help you overcome your concerns. The heights and lengths of the ziplines will make you walk away feeling like you truly experienced some of the best mountain views in this area. The guides will also give you a great education about this area and the mountain area in general. Don't miss this!

Visited July 2013