“Just a swingin'”

Navitat Canopy Adventures - Asheville Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area's premier tree-based zipline company. Called "one of the best in the nation" in USA TODAY, featured by the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Outside Magazine, and more, Navitat operates tours daily from mid-March through November each year. Designed by Bonsai Design, Inc., the leader in US canopy tour design and construction, Navitat Asheville features two world-class tree-based adventures. The Moody Cove Adventure is an immersive and exciting adventure traveling from treetop to treetop that includes six ziplines, two skybridges, a spiral tree staircase, a rappel, and three short, scenic hikes. The Blue Ridge Experience is a massive mountaintop zipline experience with three huge side-by-side ziplines, the longest of which stretches nearly three-quarters of a mile and is 350-feet above the forest floor. Those seeking real adventure (and great savings) should choose Navitat's Ultimate Adventure Package to experience BOTH tours in one action-packed day and save 15%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was an afternoon well-spent. We had a great time being out in the woods. The guides Bob and Amy were great and really knew their stuff. I felt very safe while dangling 200 feet above the ground !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)
All reviews
in 206 reviews
"blast"
in 83 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had been "ziplining" in Cozumel. It was our first time so we thought it was fun but not what we had envisioned. THIS--Navitat--is ZIPLINING! WOW! It was awesome! I am not a fan of heights but somehow by being "attached" at all times I didn't even think about it at all. The guides, Casey and Justin, were fantastic-very patient, very helpful and knowledgeable. It was even raining during our run but it was still great! It is worth every penny. A MUST if you want a first class ziplining experience!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was a great trip. We were all first timers and aged from 10-50. Beautiful scenery and very knowledgeable guides! Jose and Jake were super and fit our group perfectly!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We decided on Navitat based on the excellent reviews and the close proimity to our Mars Hill, N.C. cabin. We had all been ziplining before, but I had the least amount of experience in our family, having only been once before several years ago before neck and back issues. Needless to say I was a bit nervous about my ability to complete the course. Our guides, Chad and Max, were great. They made all of us feel at ease and were very patient as we (actually just me!) struggled a bit to get the hang of it. Even with some physical limitations, I was still able to get through the course fairly easily. I say it is more than ziplining because all along the way they are educating you as to the native plants and, in some cases, wildlife. Our guides were just so knowledgable about the local history of the land as well as everything growing on it and the surrounding mountains. I would highly recommend it, especially for families with pre teens and older kids (I think they have to be over 10 to zip).

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We scheduled the 3 1/2 hour zipline adventure recently, and couldn't have been more satisfied. The staff was courteous and informative, and we felt that safety was a priority for them. I was a little concerned about the step bridges and the rappeling, but they were very safe. The ziplines were amazing and the view was breath-taking! Wear tennis shoes or shoes suited for climbing. if you want to take pictures, a special zipper bag will be provided to store your camera/cell phone while zipping. Then, just bring your spirit of adventure and enjoy!

1  Thank Sandra N