“Very good food”

Currituck BBQ Company
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Barco
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not anything fancy, but very good food with very speedy service. You can select your own BBQ sauce, squeeze bottle of various sauces are on each table. We'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We always try to stop by Currituck BBQ either coming or going to OBX, or both if we have time. I especially like the chicken bbq and the sweeter sauce, my husband likes the pork bbq with the vinegar based sauce. I really like that there is a choice of bbq sauces. Hush puppies are great!
There is nothing fancy, but the food is good and staff is friendly and the sauces are fabulous.
The outdoor picnic pavilion with nice bathrooms is very much appreciated. Our last trip back from OBX there were several families eating in the picnic pavilion with dogs. Our pets enjoyed checking out each other!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The people who work here are friendly, the food is tasty and the service is fast even when they are busy. My husband and I stopped in on our way home from the Outer Banks and were pleasantly surprised by the fair prices and the delicious BBQ. We will definitely be stopping here again and again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

So here I go....

My wife and I planned a wedding in the Outer Banks via Internet for October of 2012.... I needed to find a place for food as we were going to have a small wedding on the beach for only our closest friends and family.. about 15 people total. We decided to do a BBQ type thign as it was a 2nd wedding for both of us and didnt need ... or want to spend $10,000 on it. Found Currituk BBQ through Google... read the reviews here and on YELP! and the one review that told me this was the place was from Erika V. on Dec. 30 2010 on YELP!... you read it yourself.... but hats off to this lady! so anyway... we ordered the Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and Chicken along with the Mac and Cheese Baked Beans Hush puppies and all the "extras".

It was all delivered for an additional $50 or so and it arrived 10 minutes early. the young lady with the help from the men in our group had everything set up and ready to go in no time. the wedding lasted about 15 minutes... and it was grub on for everyone but the wedding party... had to get pictures done.

ALL he food was GREAT. everyone had 2nds and a few had thirds and we picked at left overs for the rest of the week.

My wife and i are down here again for vacation and just ate there on our way in. I had the Ribletts... OUT OF THIS WORLD... tasty...tender...perfect amount of bark... perfect amount of smoke...baked beans... were great... and the sweet potato ... yeah... MUST have. My wife had the chicken... which I had a bit of that and it was so juicy and tender... we even picked up a pound of the Pulled Pork to go for us to eat when ever we get hungry this week.

Go there.... eat.... get full.... rinse.... repeat...

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a tiny little hole in the wall place which is my favorite. This is a hidden gem that all the locals know about. Awesome nc BBQ and the hush puppies are the best I have ever had. We loved it so much we stopped there on the way down to obx and stopped again on the way home yummy!!!!!!