“Our favorite place in Banner Elk”
Review of Zuzda - CLOSED

Zuzda
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 194
Description: Locally sourced ingredients prepared in small plates.
Palm Coast, Florida
“Our favorite place in Banner Elk”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We took visiting friends to our favorite spot in Banner Elk and once again enjoyed the extensive tapas menu. With so many interesting selections, it is difficult to make a decision about your choices for the evening. All of our friends return home raving about the food and service. This time I tried three new items and one old favorite, the brie in a wonderful carmelized sauce. The new items were the St. Jacque scallops, salmon in a puff pastry and stuffed portobello. All were outstanding. The two girls in the party shared these four dishes while the men opted to not share their items. My husband had pork pot stickers, the brie, and grilled shrimp.
You can order your items leisurely one at a time if you'd prefer and have time to visit with friends in between. A great place for dinner.

1 Thank Grandbon_10

Boone, NC 28607
“Food and service terrific”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Six of us, all adults, had dinner. It was the first time for 4 of us. Our hostess had raved about it prior to going so we were prepared for the extensive menu items. It is about a 45-minute drive but we live in a scenic area so that was not a problem, and we would definitely return. All of the following items were ordered: Lamb chop, peppercorn steak, liver, chicken pot pie, filet mignon, and nut crusted mountain trout, shoestring fries, sweet potato fries, and vegetable tempura. Everyone loved what they ordered. I ordered the trout (excellent), I also had the best appetizer I have ever eaten - the gorgonzola encrusted artichoke hearts (fabulous!). Two of us also ordered the kale as I had read really good reviews of the kale, but we both were disappointed, as it tasted gritty and wasn't cooked as well as we liked it. That is the only reason I did not give this 5 stars. The service was impeccable. The atmosphere is really nice, and the restaurant was filled on a Wednesday night. We could not figure out how they could maintain so many items to sell and have them come out perfectly. We will definitely return.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great place to eat and meet people.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Holly was a great pretender. Peel and eat shrimp, tomato mozzarella and Martinis were excellent. Thank you

Melbourne, Florida
“Fabulous Dinner”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Five of us had dinner at Zuzda with different dishes for each. All choices were outstanding! Beautifully prepared and presented. Zuzda is definitely a must on the next trip to this area of North Carolina!

Visited July 2013
Weston, Florida
“Extensive menu for our family. We all left satisfied and happy.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

There were 7 of us that dined here. It was t cheap by the time we were done because the portions are sharing size (tapas) therefore you order more than you MIT normally order. But I have to say that everyone enjoyed it. It's a nice restaurant with good service. We ate here with 2 kids, 1 adult kid, my husband & I and my in laws and there was something for everyone. We all really liked the veggie tempura. Nice, light batter. I also like the bread with the fresh garlic and the Brie cooked in Phyllo. Yum. Seriously, anywhere that has Brie on their menu has to be good. My husband did not like the chili. He tried my step son's sliders (meatball & cheese) and said next time he should get that. The kids all loved the Mac n' Cheese. My 10 year old son loved the fried ravioli. The Zuzdashetta was very good. The wine was priced decently. I had a glass of red zin for $6 and it was good for me but there were plenty of more expensive glasses & bottles to order should you wish. There is a bar there too if you want something stronger. I like the fact that the waters were refilled constantly. That was good. We ate here last year and had a grea time. We sat upstairs last time and downstairs this time. I preferred the decor and ambience of upstairs but we had a great time this time too.

We would definitely splurge and come back here again in the future.

Visited July 2013