“Tapas for Every Taste”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 194
Description: Locally sourced ingredients prepared in small plates.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We love the whole concept of tapas because you can get several smaller plates to taste and share rather than just, say, an appetizer and a main dish. Zuzda added a nice wrinkle to the concept in that they provided such a wide array that included eclectic dishes with European, Latin, Asian and California influences, but also a nice list of items that I would classify as comfort food for friends that might not be as adventurous.Our waitress was spectacular in explaining each of the dishes that interested us and advising us on the different sizes of each. This was helpful in making decisions on numbers of plates to order. You can BYOB, if you want, but there is a $15 uncorking fee, so why bother? Other than that, the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My friend & I shared a wonderful dinner with tuna sashimi, salmon in pastry, olive tapenade, black bean patty, calamari, roasted vegatable kabob, morracan lamb sausage and roasted potatoes with cavaier. The food & service was very good. We were disappointed that they were out of several wines on the wine list, but they sent us one to try that turned out to be delicious. We look forward to returning again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I enjoy dinners involving many small plates. We had 7 dishes between the two of us. We started the french onion soup, which was the highlight. Second was the pecan chicken, which was a little dry. The filet mignon with gorgonzola was well cooked, but under seasoned. I ordered the calve liver, which was first time for me. I am glad I tried it, but can't say I would have it again. The stuffed portobello was great, as was the cheesecake. The menu was substantial, but could stand a facelift.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We always eat at Zuzda's when up in the mountains around Banner Elk. It is a Tapas restaurant with more options than you can imagine. It's always difficult to decide on what to eat. So we just all order different items and then have a fabulous time tasting everything. It's such a fun way to enjoy a meal with friends, eating, chatting, having drinks/wine, and enjoying the music on the weekends. This is a must go to if you're in the area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We all had a different soup and all were very flavorful. Then we all ordered 2 tapas each, which was alot of food but we somehow managed to eat all of it and have dessert! Would definitely go back again and recommend it highly to others who want something different from the standard fare you see at most restaurants. Service was also very good and friendly!