“I love the view at grandview”

Grandview Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: You can sleep-in and still get breakfast until 2:00pm on the weekdays and 3:00pm on the weekends. Homemade lunch specials made daily ranging from corned beef reubens to spinach salads. Amazing views of Grandfather Mountain.
Elk Park, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love the view at grandview”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I love grandview restaurant, best breakfast in the world, and A wondeful famaily feeling from all the workers,I recomend this restaurant to everyone that is looking for breakfast or lunch.

1 Thank kimi25

Albany, Ohio
“Like eating in a single-wide trailer”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I truly feel sorry for the scores of people who eat breakfast here, weekend after weekend, them not realizing there are FAR better options just 2.7 miles farther down Hwy 105 towards Tynecastle.

Food quality is "mediocre" at best. There's nothing that stands out or is memorable, it just takes up space in your stomach and stops the growling.

Food value is non-existent. The owners are apparently very proud of what comes out of the kitchen. My favorite example - a side of corned beef hash for $3.75. For that, I'd expect a nice hearty portion of something with memorable flavor.. What was brought to the table was essentially a 1/2" slice of hash out of a can, barely 4 tablespoons worth. I made a comment to the waitress when she finally returned to our table that this seemed "a little shy for a portion, considering the $3.75 price". No concern and barely any acknowledgment that something was wrong.

I left it on the plate, untouched, and spoke to who might have been a manager or maybe an owner.....she gave me a look and a roll of her eyes. Great people skills in the High Country! .

Add to this the fact that you're eating in a glorified single-wide trailer that is hot in the summer and ice cold in the winter and you would be better off at home with Eggo waffles and microwave-ready bacon.

They will never see a penny of my families money again.

9 Thank Meisterburger
Randleman, NC
“Excellent breakfast with a view!”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The Grandview was near our wonderful little motel - Hidden Valley Motel, and we decided to try them for breakfast. We were actually inside before we realized the reason for the name - the "Grand View" of Grandfather Mountain! Our breakfast was made to order and very good! Waitress was wonderful too! We enjoyed the experience and will be back!

Davidson, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stuck in a place from 20 yrs ago”
Reviewed April 29, 2010

On the surface, the restaurant may seem like one of those places where the locals eat so maybe you should too. Simple response here, you shouldn't. First, the atmosphere is so dated, I really felt like I was in the 70's. But I guess the part that really bothered me was that they don't have butter. Yes, you read that right - no butter. They serve Margarine. Last I heard that stuff kills you. If some people want to eat that I would say fine, but for a restaurant that does a significant breakfast to not have butter is ridiculous. How hard is it to carry butter. There is a Lowes grocery store up the road that they could go buy some at-not that difficult!! When I asked why they don't have it, they said because they never have - a really intelligent answer. And everything tasted like the Margarine - my eggs, toast. If you haven't eaten that stuff in a while, you will realize when you try it again why they say it kills you. Bottom line, they need to come into the present and offer some healthier food in a nicer atmosphere. I hope they take the advice!

1 Thank ELCC
Tennessee
“Grandview is Good”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Great restaurant with good service. Bring cash because they don't take credit cards. Nice prices, especially for families on a budget.