“Not impressed with the menu changes”

Artisanal Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Artisanal Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 184
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for a few years and always loved it. Our last visit we were not impressed with the menu changes. My husband ordered the 8 oz filet mignon ($44). Our entrees were always served with potatoes & vegetables and the presentation was flawless. Creams sauces were always swirled around the plate etc. For a $44 entree I think a restaurant could afford to give you sides.I ordered a pasta dish because I refuse to pay extra for a side. My husband's filet came on a plate by itself, he ordered a vegetable ($6 extra) which came on another plate. His filet was accompanied by a gravy boat with sauce. My husband said it tasted like BBQ sauce so he did not put it on his filet mignon. For a $50 total cost of an entree we were not impressed with the food nor the presentation. It seems like the Artisianal has lost its flare. They also are allowing jeans to be worn in their restaurant. You will not be allowed to sit inside but they will accommodate you in their outdoor area. When we first started to go there they would not allow jeans in their restaurant. We enjoyed going there because of the food, atmosphere, staff and dress code. When you go to an expensive and beautiful restaurant you should dress accordingly ( just my opinion). If they do not return to their previous menu and stature we will be looking for another restaurant.

2  Thank Maggie D

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Love this restaurant and all that it offers. Beautiful environment great bar. Food menu changes and the food was poor. The waiter was pushy about the sides. The menu before had sides in their entrees now the dishes have no sides and are now making more of an unpleasant and pushy experience when ordering your meal. And by no means is it cheap. The taste and quality as gone down hill. New owner? New chef?

5  Thank Diane C
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Everything you expect from a five star restaurant is delivered in spades. What more can be said about a must experience occasion. Loved everything.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very special experience, great ambiance, impeccable service, phenomenal food. Will return on our next visit, for sure!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I went to Artisanal for a special night out over the Holidays this year (2013). We had a really exceptional experience because they seem to do everything right. The service was very friendly and helpful. Our waitress as well as all the food runners were very attentive. The food was delicious and full of flavor--some of the best calamari I have ever had for our appetizer. Great drinks. Great atmosphere...Just a really wonderful place to go out to eat in the Banner Elk area. It was pricey, but this was a special night, and so it was well worth the expense!

1  Thank DavidSam86